Rust proofing Chassis???

tune10

Hi Guys new to the group sorry if this has been asked before:
I have seen all of the posts on rust proofing the frame, my question is are you guys also getting the chassis rust proofed? I just bought a 2017 SR5 Tacoma crew cab, that was a dealer demo with 8,500 miles. The dealer told me that it had not been under coated or rust proofed, however the frame is a black color as if it had been painted, so I am not sure if the frame has been undercoated or not. If not I will go with Fluid film for the frame. My main concern is the chassis, I understand keeping up with rock chips, door dings and a couple of good coats of wax a year helps with the surface rust, but what about inside doors, rocker panels and other places that it would be applied? I traded in my 2008 TRD Sport crew cab, so I do keep trucks for a while. Also I live in Wisconsin so our roads are made of salt during the winter.

Welcome to the forum.
It never hurts to undercoat your truck. Just keep the salt sprayed off every so often and keep the vehicle waxed like you said and you’ll be fine.

Hi Guys new to the group sorry if this has been asked before:
I have seen all of the posts on rust proofing the frame, my question is are you guys also getting the chassis rust proofed? I just bought a 2017 SR5 Tacoma crew cab, that was a dealer demo with 8,500 miles. The dealer told me that it had not been under coated or rust proofed, however the frame is a black color as if it had been painted, so I am not sure if the frame has been undercoated or not. If not I will go with Fluid film for the frame. My main concern is the chassis, I understand keeping up with rock chips, door dings and a couple of good coats of wax a year helps with the surface rust, but what about inside doors, rocker panels and other places that it would be applied? I traded in my 2008 TRD Sport crew cab, so I do keep trucks for a while. Also I live in Wisconsin so our roads are made of salt during the winter.
Welcome to the forum.

I called three different dealerships and 2 out of 3 told me over the phone that fluid filming the chassis and rocker panels would void the rust warranty irionically. I have 6 cans of fluid film that I’m waiting to use lol

I called three different dealerships and 2 out of 3 told me over the phone that fluid filming the chassis and rocker panels would void the rust warranty irionically. I have 6 cans of fluid film that I’m waiting to use lol
Suggestion...
If it’s dry and the humidity is low take pictures, save the facts and apply your fluid. Or make them sign something saying that they would void the rust warranty if you applied your fluids...save it. (The document not your fluids) If it ever rusts bring out the facts and make them fix it. They said do this or else. Your lawyer would agree if your documents where in place.

I am questioning if my frame has been undercoated or treated because the whole frame is a black color and not just the bare metal color any thoughts on whether it has or not by the color?

Back