Safety recall received from Toyota today.

Gadget

I guess our Tacoma had been identified as a suspect VIN for the 2016-2017 Year Tacoma's Rear Differential Leak. No observed leak but we have been instructed to take into dealership.

NHTSA Recall # 17V-285.

Will let you know how it goes... Dealership is 5 hours away.

M

Last edited:
I guess our Tacoma had been identified as a suspect VIN for the 2016-2017 Year Tacoma's Rear Differential Leak. No obsessed leak but we have been instructed to take into dealership.

NHTSA Recall # 17V-285.

Will let you know how it goes... Dealership is 5 hours away.

M
Bummer.:( Sounds like they hold them hostage until they get the parts in.

If your wondering if your Tacoma is going to be recalled here's a simple way to find out rather than waiting for the mail.
Toyota's web site for recalls, put your VIN in and you'll have an answer.
https://www.toyota.com/recall

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInf...n/techinfo/html/prelogin/docs/cp/h0gtofaq.pdf

Yes mine is on the list. Interesting fact is that the letter says "Starting in Mid-June" dated 6/6/2017 and the online says "Starting in Late June" dated 6/15/2017. Got a bad feeling here, something is up. I inspect every day or 2 now. Still dry, no sign of leak.

The stupid thing about this recall is that it was released on 4/27/2017. Just now getting notice so if I would have had a leak I could be damaging the rear end by now. Go figure !!

So...

On 4/27/2017 The recall was issued
On 6/6/2017 They added the loaner vehicle
On 6/15/2017 They change the starting date.

Don't have to be a seer to see where this is heading :-(

Last edited:
checkMark.png

There are no open Safety Recalls or Service Campaigns for this vehicle.
:D

I have V6 but no mention of Sensor Recall, just Differential Recall. Guys I am sorry that I jinxed the 3rd Gen Tacoma by purchasing one. Not very lucky lately :-{

18 months of Jinx for me. Lol. Not your fault. My fault for buying year 1 of new model.... dumb dumb dumb

I got the recall notice on Thursday. Appointment is at 10:30 this morning. Mine is not leaking but they will check everything and re-tighten bolts.

I got the recall notice on Thursday. Appointment is at 10:30 this morning. Mine is not leaking but they will check everything and re-tighten bolts.

That is a little scary. If you develop a leak after they check and re-torque the bolts it could possibly mean there is a issue with their procedure or torque. Just saying... DON"T FIX SOMETHING THAT IS NOT BROKE !!

Back