Saggin with only mulch in bed

sumncguy

Im coming from a large truck with leaf springs. What is the most cost effective way to level this 2013 Ext cab 4x4 out under load ??

WITHOUT air bags !!

if youre going to lift the truck, there's heavy duty packs that are meant to haul heavy loads

otherwise, wheelers makes a HD stock replacement pack.

my expo's give me 4" of lift, but are rated at 400# of weight per 1" of compression.

I have the Old Man Emu set up from ARB the ride isn't to bad actually little more bouncy then stock. Handles back roads of Vermont and New York with ease. It levels out fine when I tow the Kubota

Well Im really not trying raise the truck. I just want it somewhat level when I put a load in the bed. Really dont care all that much about ride. You dont buy a truck for the ride, right ? Thats the problem. Dang truck manufacturers are trying to appeal to the grocery getters instead of the folks that actually want a truck. Sure improve on comfort and gas mileage, but dont loose focus. its a truck. ... the new Caddys are nice though !! :)

I run a overload spring only engages when there's a heavy load other than that it's a factory ride

Well Im really not trying raise the truck. I just want it somewhat level when I put a load in the bed. Really dont care all that much about ride. You dont buy a truck for the ride, right ? Thats the problem. Dang truck manufacturers are trying to appeal to the grocery getters instead of the folks that actually want a truck. Sure improve on comfort and gas mileage, but dont loose focus. its a truck. ... the new Caddys are nice though !! :)

Rebuilt 2nd gen leafpacks FTW....

OMD_2nd_gen_6_pak.jpg

So you add a couple of leaves?

Oh yeah, I go thru the wrecking yards & look for 1970's-80's Chevy 1/2 ton trucks & pull the leaf packs & use them for donor springs, I either add to existing leafs (if still decent) or I'll strip the OEM tacoma pack down to the main spring & build off of it, either way get excellent results, theres at least 50+ trucks running around locally and across the nation that have done my spring MOD.....

Back