SE CAMRY STEERING WHEEL SWAP?

kp.taco

OK guys I'm sitting in my wife's 07 se Camry today just waiting for her. I start checking out her steering wheel noticing how much better it looks than my 2nd gen taco.. Has anyone swapped? And how difficult? I was reading on TW and it is possible. 20180405_091103.jpg

OK guys I'm sitting in my wife's 07 se Camry today just waiting for her. I start checking out her steering wheel noticing how much better it looks than my 2nd gen taco.. Has anyone swapped? And how difficult? I was reading on TW and it is possible. View attachment 16542

Well first and foremost, what does your wife think of you switching the steering wheels? Lol.
You will have to deal with ensuring the wiring would match up. You could always jerry rig it but of course it would be better to have actual OEM connectors that line up appropriately. It would be best to look at the appropriate wiring diagrams from each vehicle to see if they line up.
You also need to remember the airbags in this situation. Ensuring they will function properly. ALWAYS leave the battery disconnected for at least 30-45 minutes before fooling with the air bag and make sure you are grounded.
It’s not a huge undertaking, a few bolts and a few minutes, but if it was me I’d leave things the way they are. That’s just me though. Let us know what you decide buddy.

Well first and foremost, what does your wife think of you switching the steering wheels? Lol.
You will have to deal with ensuring the wiring would match up. You could always jerry rig it but of course it would be better to have actual OEM connectors that line up appropriately. It would be best to look at the appropriate wiring diagrams from each vehicle to see if they line up.
You also need to remember the airbags in this situation. Ensuring they will function properly. ALWAYS leave the battery disconnected for at least 30-45 minutes before fooling with the air bag and make sure you are grounded.
It’s not a huge undertaking, a few bolts and a few minutes, but if it was me I’d leave things the way they are. That’s just me though. Let us know what you decide buddy.
I was just kinda thinking about it. I think its mostly boredom lol. If it was plug and play I would consider it. I would pick it up from a salvage yard if I did it. Wife would kill me if I tore her car apart. Lol

I was just kinda thinking about it. I think its mostly boredom lol. If it was plug and play I would consider it. I would pick it up from a salvage yard if I did it. Wife would kill me if I tore her car apart. Lol

Haha! For sure. If it went bad and you had two undrivable vehicles it’d probably be a bad day at your house.
That changes things a lot. I thought you were going to jack your wife’s steering wheel. Lol.
Get one and give it a shot! Worst case scenario it doesn’t work and you got a spare for the wifey’s car.

So far I think the clock spring is the same part number and air bag plug is the same.. I'll do more research though. I'm definitely NOT cutting/splicing any wires. I don't want a rigged job

So far I think the clock spring is the same part number and air bag plug is the same.. I'll do more research though. I'm definitely NOT cutting/splicing any wires. I don't want a rigged job

If the harnesses and airbags match you’ll be sitting pretty. Truly just a few bolts and some care and you’ll be good to go.

I think the air bag would be different. Not a big deal I got friends at the salvage yard. Lol

I assumed the size would be. I don’t recall what the model of your Taco’s looked like. Getting a functioning one from a salvage yard would be easier anyway.

Back