Seafoam

taco John

Hi guys, what are your thoughts on seafoaming a 4.0l engine that has 190k miles on it through the vaccine lines. (Last time i seafoamed was a year ago).

Thanks.

Does your truck run better after you do it?
I mean honestly there is a difference but you really have to pay attention to it to notice it, if you know what I mean? I just do it since my motor has a lot of miles on it. But when I do it my truck idles a bit quieter. Have you ever tried it?

I've heard from others that it really does help keep everything running better.

Haven't used it in an engine myself.

I do use it once a year on my exhaust actuators on my muscle car. Keeps things moving nice and quiet. Would hate to have'm freeze up Wipe Open. Yikes! Crazy LOUD.

Look up chrisfix on youtube, pretty sure he has a video with a bore scope after a few of these treatments in a bottle.
Objective data is worth the time

Subjective data is crap.

What you should do is take a look at your throttle body

Look up chrisfix on youtube, pretty sure he has a video with a bore scope after a few of these treatments in a bottle.
Objective data is worth the time

Subjective data is crap.

What you should do is take a look at your throttle body
Was thinking about doing throttle bottle some time but the procedure is a bitch lol

As a mechanic, I don't recommend sea foam. I have seen it foul catalytic converters more than once. Try Lucas deep clean .

Try Amsoil Performance Improver ... It will clean the whole system without turning a wrench and without degrading cylinder wall lube, as so many induction cleaners do..

Back