Seat belt Chime

I'd really like to know too. Apparently the dealer can do it, but thats an hour and a half away from me.

Seat belts are for passengers and shaved kitties, right up until this happens...ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1452007155.772215.jpgI guess they're useful for something

Last edited:
Definitely picking up the sarcasm. I always wear my seat belt, always, but I do have dogs that frequent the front seat and set it off like crazy. I know I can buckle the passenger belt, but its more of a hassle than just not having it go off in the first place. Thanks to anyone with help.

Last edited:
Definitely picking up the sarcasm. How about a serious answer? Not that it's any of your business, but I always wear my seat belt, always, but I do have dogs that frequent the front seat and set it off like crazy. I know I can buckle the passenger belt, but its more of a hassle than just not having it go off in the first place. Thanks to anyone with help.
You can buy just the buckle and it will keep it from beeping at you. Check eBay or Amazon.

So on page 593 in the owners manual its says CUSTOMIZABLE FEATURES. O= AVAILABLE 3 BY THE DEALER On page 598 seat belt reminder buzzer. So it can be done. I tried the ODO button way , it hard because of the push button start. I was able to get four dots across the bottom of the display, but that's it. So off to the Dealer.

Took it to the dealer today (hour and a half away) and they said it can't be turned off on the 2016. They had it in the shop for 30 minutes. This was by appt. and they knew why I was coming in. Very irritated. Anyone in Colorado had it done at a dealer?

I had Mine done at the dealer also. Its in your manual. I'll look what page later. But you can also buy a seatbelt extender on e-bay that will bypass the dinger to make it think its pluged in. At no time am I suggest that anybody drive without a seatbelt. The suggestion is for situations like having groceries or a dog in your front passenger seat, country roads etc..

Last edited:
find a wrecked Toyota that has the same style of seat belt and cut off the "key" or male end of the belt that goes into the female portion. No need to change anything, cut wires, buy extensions, etc..I made my first one from a piece of aluminum and added walnut handles...much too much work the factory seat belt end will be much easier.

Back