Second Generation 2.7 motor mounts

DesertTan16

Nobody here has wrote up how to change the motor mounts I did them today on mine it was fairly simple. I'm going to make a write up soon a how to, in order to help those willing for the task. Before today is over I'll write it here.

Get the vehicle on ramps or jack stands!
Basically the motive is to learn the mounts. How they work how they are made. Learn what to remove. These mounts have one top nut that's a 17mm. It's what connects the mount to the engine bracket. The base of the mount has two self locking bolts. The nuts on the self locking bolts are 14mm.
You want to remove the 17mm nut first. Then the base locking bolt 14mm nuts. The frame of the k member holds the mount in place.
Get a block of wood with a drilled hole to place under the oil drain plug your not lifting by the drain plug your lifting the pan but the big hole you drill is on the block of wood to prevent damage from using the plug as a lift point. Do not lift using the drain plug. Next slowly raise the engine. Stress is only on the power steering return line and the fan on its shroud.
Get the old mounts out and install the new the top of the mount has a fitted bracket reuse it. The mount has its own dowel pin to align the mount straight. Bolt the top 17mm nut up tight. Slowly lower the engine and the mount should align with little adjustment where it's seated.
That's the basics I'll have pictures and all to show. The tools and block of wood I used.

Back