Selling Suggestions - 2002 Tacoma - 46,000 miles

PBGOMA

Looking to sell my 2002 Tacoma. Original owned, extremely good shape. 46,000 miles. SR5; Extended Cab; 2.7 liter engine. New frame in 2017, new clutch about 40 miles ago. Selling because I need a new left knee and need to go automatic - much less fun.

Pricing is a mystery. Short of an auction (I have four people interested, including the guy at the service garage), I'm curious what you all think I should ask.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I would say if it is in very good shape with that mileage, you’d be able to ask around 13k and probably get somewhere around 12 out of it

Thanks for the input. With KBB and some other input I had $12,500 in mind. Looks like I'm within the realm of reason, plus or minus. Nice to have some positive reinforcement!

I was thinking at least 12 k too ! Pictures ? Good luck with the knee .I need one too. My friend had both done in Boston by a doctor named Talmo. And he is still a rock climber .He replaces knees with a triathelite knee has better movement for active people.

Is it 4x4? .. regardless they are expensive little trucks and with that low of mileage I'd hold out for what I wanted. Let's see some pics! Good luck

Don’t mean to be rude or out of place but why a clutch replacement at that mileage? Agains sorry but seems way to early.

As to the clutch, you're not being rude at all. Yeah, I agree it seemed early in milage, but maybe not in age? There was no event that triggered the issue. Started with what I (in my limited experience) thought was a linkage issue - difficulty moving through the gears/locking in a gear. Started there with no relief. Eventually locked in gear and ended up on the side of the road. The clutch now is smoother/easier than it had been.

As to the frame, yes, covered by Toyota under a quiet extended warranty program. My shop steered to the program about three weeks before the warranty expired. Good for them and me. Still not sure why I was unaware of the extended warranty.

Working on pics.

Thanks to all.

Don’t mean to be rude or out of place but why a clutch replacement at that mileage? Agains sorry but seems way to early.

Dktacoma, I had a 2008 that the throw out bearing was making noise in it when I bought it with 21k . Toyota put pen clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing in it. I’m not sure why it was making noise but I bought it that way and it was all covered.

Back