Shaking/clunk

David p

1 I just rotated my tires and I noticed vibration from the steering wheel after wards

2 I just started to notice this clunk noise when I go reverse to drive and drive to reverse. Do I need to add an lsd additive to my tcase or diff? I change the oils not to long ago. Could that be the issue?

Sounds like wheel balance maybe causing vibes, & the clunk sounds like axle wrap...

1 I just rotated my tires and I noticed vibration from the steering wheel after wards

2 I just started to notice this clunk noise when I go reverse to drive and drive to reverse. Do I need to add an lsd additive to my tcase or diff? I change the oils not to long ago. Could that be the issue?
1. Your tires may need to be balanced, check tire pressure and make sure it’s correct for the tire rating.
2. What year is your Tacoma and how many miles are on it?

Your transfer case and diffs are separate from your transmission which is where the reverse and drive come from. Check your transmission fluid? You didn’t drain the tranny instead of the transfer case or diff when you did the oil change? Or put the oil in the transmission on accident?

You do realize that there's almost always going to be a "clunk" going from forward to reverse or neutral to drive, neutral to reverse, I mean theres got to be a little movement in gear lash of diff, pinion preload as well, if you didn't I'd be worried because it's froze up (seized)...

Back