Shop vac accessory

DedkoTom

Want to be able to run a shop vac through my Tacoma. I’m a beekeeper and sometimes need to vacuum live bees in remote locations.
Any suggestions for a particular type of inverter?

Be mindful of the maximum current the shop vac needs. Most shop vacs have a peak current around 15 A @ 120 Vac. Nut sure if your truck can provide that much electric power.

Keep in mind, the shop vac's maximum current is not during a plugged hose. Its at full air flow, wide open hose.

I bought a eureka mighty mite vacuum for my truck which is plenty powerful.....still it's rated at 10 amps. As far as inverters, you'd need to know what the vacuum's wattage is to. My guess your looking at some big bucks for one that can handle over 10 amps reliability.

Be mindful of the maximum current the shop vac needs. Most shop vacs have a peak current around 15 A @ 120 Vac. Nut sure if your truck can provide that much electric power.

Keep in mind, the shop vac's maximum current is not during a plugged hose. Its at full air flow, wide open hose.
My vac is 9 amp, so around 1100 watts….

I bought a eureka mighty mite vacuum for my truck which is plenty powerful.....still it's rated at 10 amps. As far as inverters, you'd need to know what the vacuum's wattage is to. My guess you’re looking at some big bucks for one that can handle over 10 amps reliability.
I have 9 amp vac, so around 1100 watts….

Keep in mind, the shop vac's maximum current is not during a plugged hose. It’s at full air flow, wide open hose.
My vac is 9 amp @120….around 1100 w

Gotta consider to the output of your trucks alternator, to run that inverter under load if adequate , or if you need to install a dual battery if running the truck, or not. Vacumm's, and portable heaters draw a lot of current.

Back