Short antenna for 2014?

Bsl1706

Hello all. In need of help. Purchased my first Tacoma an it's my first new vehicle. Pretty pumped about it. The antenna hits the garage going in and out. The radio has nav and live traffic and weather. Any recommendations on this is greatly appreciated

The standard radio antenna can be replaced with any short antenna. Cravenspeed makes a couple of nice stubby antennas.

If you are talking about the roof SAT antenna then you might be SOL. The older antennas are smaller but I don't think they are compatible with Entune and GPS.

P.S. - No need for multiple threads.

Now what about the Hd radio. Is that controlled by the sat antenna or the standard antenna ?

Ya it's def got hd radio. Didn't know it was a real thing till the sticker on the truck said it

I'm gonna say that HD radio comes through the standard antenna. I remember when HD radio fist came out and no special antenna was needed for aftermarket stereos with HD radio.

GPS and SAT both run off of satellites so it wouldn't make sense to run anything but satellite sources off of the roof antenna.

I relieved the short stubby antenna you recommended. I hope it doesn't make the sound quality bad

Sure enough the thing sucks. When I screw it in and my hand is touching it it has great reception and sound. Soon as I take it off it's all static. I was pumped all day to get pissed

Back