Silver Tacoma’s

Hi y’all just got my first Tacoma (or any pickup for that matter) anyway I was wondering if anyone has blacked out the accents (not sure if that is the correct verbiage- Grill, fender, bumpers, rims, etc). I’m thinking about doing that and would love to see some pics to see if I like it. I’m fine with staying stock and just pulling it off and painting it my self just need some tips. (Sorry if this is covered elsewhere couldn’t find it on the app)IMG_2342.jpgIMG_2343.jpg

Another thing, with installing the “Toyota” blacked out grill what do you do with the radar thing that’s behind the ‘T’ symbol? Does that void any warranty’s? Again I’m a noob to this

Various people on here do it, they plastidip all the emblems...and as long as you do not alter the body to break the paint or change the mechanical portions of the truck, the warranty is good. Welcome to the forum!

Another thing, with installing the “Toyota” blacked out grill what do you do with the radar thing that’s behind the ‘T’ symbol? Does that void any warranty’s? Again I’m a noob to this

Welcome to the forum. You can get the Pro Grille that the radar sensor will fit into for under $250 on Amazon or eBay. It will work fine.
As for voiding warranties, it won’t. The only way a warrantor is not responsible is if a part you add causes damage or damages another part. Or if they can prove a mess up was due to negligence on your part. They are simply not responsible for any parts you add or anything related to what you have added/changed.
This is all part of the Magnuson-Moss Act of 1975. Dealerships still tell people that they will “void” their warranty even though it’s been federal law for over 40 years.
As for blacking out everything there’s a lot of options. You can buy kits to cover badges or plastidip what you want black.
Since the grille is already black if you want a black bezel to get rid of the chrome you can replace it with an SR bezel.

Hi y’all just got my first Tacoma (or any pickup for that matter) anyway I was wondering if anyone has blacked out the accents (not sure if that is the correct verbiage- Grill, fender, bumpers, rims, etc). I’m thinking about doing that and would love to see some pics to see if I like it. I’m fine with staying stock and just pulling it off and painting it my self just need some tips. (Sorry if this is covered elsewhere couldn’t find it on the app)View attachment 20591View attachment 20592
Welcome to the forum. Post pictures as you build it.

Back