SINGLE or DOULBE CAB TACOMA

RAMOSCONNECTED

Hello Forum,

I am new in the forum and I am seriously looking into the Tacoma. I am curious to hear what made you go with the SINGLE or DOULBLE CAB. This might be an obvious reason but I still wonder. For instance, I like coupes so when I think of a Tacoma I have been thinking single because it gives me that feeling I like on a coupe. What was your reason for choosing one or the other?

Thanks in advance everyone.

ЯAMOS|

Hello Forum,

I am new in the forum and I am seriously looking into the Tacoma. I am curious to hear what made you go with the SINGLE or DOULBLE CAB. This might be an obvious reason but I still wonder. For instance, I like coupes so when I think of a Tacoma I have been thinking single because it gives me that feeling I like on a coupe. What was your reason for choosing one or the other?

ЯAMOS|
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1455309668.580004.jpg
I like my access cab. I don't need the back seats but there is still room for groceries and stuff I don't want in the bed. And I think access cabs look awesome!

Definitely get a double cab. Having a backseat (full back seat) is nice to have when you do need it. I don't use it much but again great for a back up plan. I woulda got the long bed if I was not so impatient at the time

DCSB 4x4. Nice to have four doors. Even if I don't use the back seats that much. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. That's my motto.

Double 4x4 v6 with 2 1/2" leveling kit 33" tires on 18" wheels so I can go fishing, or take the family out. Also looks better. LOL

Hello Forum,

ЯAMOS|
Tacomas are nothing like an average coupe, even if you get a single cab. I'd maybe compare a single cab to an El Camino, given that the rear glass is directly behind the seats and you still have a "truck" bed...
Either way, double cabs are the way to go. DCSB if you want the best of both worlds. A shorter truck for easier turn-arounds in tight spots and you can always haul a trailer if you need to load more stuff.ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1455962901.808420.jpgAt the very least, get an SR5 (with or without 4WD is up to you). A Pre-Runner basically gives you the suspension upgrades of a TRD without 4WD and has a peppier gear ratio.
As for the TRD versions, the Sport gives you better on-road handling while the Off Road gives you better off-road handling and a rear locking differential plus A-TRAC. The TRD Pro includes what both versions have and plenty more.
Some dealerships even offer their own editions with special upgrades. Look around until you find the Tacoma that speaks to you... Good luck.

Last edited:
Back