Soft Brakes

dand75

I have a 1998 Tacoma 4x4 with a 4 cyl standard transmission and lately I've noticed my brakes are "soft", and by that I mean I can push the pedal way way down. The brake fluid is within normal range and I can't find any leaking anywhere. The brake pads seem good also. This is jot my daily driver but rather is my hunting/fishing truck. Any ideas as to what may be the problem before I drop tons of $ on a mechanic?

I was thinking the store cylinder also. I saw a video on how to change it and bleed the lines. I think I'll try that first and see. Thanks for the replies.

Master cylinder and Brake fluid flush,flush real ell with all new brake fluid, contaminated brake fluid could have harmed rubber components in master cylinder and seals too!!! Use a synthetic DOT3 brake Fluid and flush twice to clean out completely well ! Whippersnapper is 100% on the head with this one !!!Trust him I do! Amsoil has a great synthetic Brake fluid that will displace moisture and heat from this happening again for a very long time ,its cheap at whole sale prices and free delivery on $100 orders at www.AMSOIL.com/?ZO=5269135 and change the engine oil and filter while your at it and air filter too maybe !
wouldn't hurt and you should be good ! Rambo

No problem,just go to AMSOIL.com and click on wholesale,then click on prefeered customer ,then enter 5269135 in the reference box . Then enter all your info and create an account and password and order all you need !!!! You may need 3-4 pints of DOT3 Synthetic Brake Fluid to flush real good after new part replacement! Thank you and you will be really happy with the part replacement and fluid flush ! Bob Goudin,Rambo ! 2013 Tacoma Owner

Back