Sound system - first gen 4 door

Paulg443

I have a 2004 supercharged 4 door short bed prerunner Tacoma.
I know installing subs in the first gen 4 doors can be near impossible so I'm going to install a basic custom system and show you all how I did it and what I'm using.
The cost for the parts is about 600$
I'll keep you guys updated!

If anyone has any constrict criticism, go for it!

850 watts which is ideal because 300watts is nominal for the sub
But at 2 ohms it's 1600
And the sub max input is 1200watts so I'll have to get a component that limits it to 1200watts exactly.

It performs really well. In the future I need to put some sound deadener in the roof because it flexes too much and makes a sound like when you bend a sheet of metal.

I just need to get the stuff to actually do it.... I have a lot of time but not the materials haha. Are you going to make your own box or have someone make it? Behind the seat?

My neighbor is a Master wood craftsmen and coincidentally my other neighbor is a 30+ year professional interior installer/fabricator so they will work together and build my box.

The woodcraft neighbor is doing it for free, I leveled the paint and detailed his 04 4wd double cab TRD tacoma and have helped him out quite a bit with other stuff. My other neighbor is simply charging me for materials
(doesn't believe in charging neighbors)

You're lucky. I know a guys dad who is also a woodcrafter too and for labor materials and such he charges me $250 just for the box

He had my truck for about two day because he had to so some measuring and stuff

Last edited:
Back