Spark plugs

Tacomafanatic84

Hello everyone, need some help, this is my first tacoma, and it's a 2012 with the 4.0L engine. I'm trying to get some info on what kind of spark plugs are good for these engines (brand, gap etc) any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

I found that NGK Ix Iridium spark plugs already had a perfect gap on all 6 plugs that I bought for mine. You'll want 19 for a gap, if I remember correctly (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). That being said, find the plug you want or can afford and go from there.

I'm running the stock Denso plugs in my 2009 Tacoma 2.7l... I'll replace them with Denso or NGK..... as per owners manual.

I'm running the stock Denso plugs in my 2009 Tacoma 2.7l... I'll replace them with Denso or NGK..... as per owners manual.
I run Denso in mine to. Cost me $20 for all 6 from the dealership and 45 min of my time to change them every 30K. They wanted almost $200 to do it. No thanks. I'll save the $180 for something else.

I run Denso in mine to. Cost me $20 for all 6 from the dealership and 45 min of my time to change them every 30K. They wanted almost $200 to do it. No thanks. I'll save the $180 for something else.
Agreed! I bought OEM from the dealer (cheaper than on line) and it took me about an hour on 2014 DCLB Limited 4x4. The drivers side was harder because of the brackets you have to move but if you do one plug at a time it's not hard. There are several YouTube vids on this.

I've always just used stock denso. Just changed a few weeks ago and guy at dealership said that's all they carry because Toyota owes denso. I didn't know that

NGKs worked well in my Honda Fit and CRX. I'm sure they work well in Toyotas. The Denso plugs were on sale when I purchased mine.

Back