Speedometer replacement

ChrisOR2018

Just wondering if anyone else has had their speedometer replaced. I dropped my 2018 TRD Off-Road off at the dealer today. They said it can take 5-30 days to fix.

why is the speedo being replaced?

Oh right ... The speedo randomly/intermittently didn't work. The tech at the dealership said they're seeing more and more of these issues. The tech said it might be due to poor soldering in the unit. Another tech said it was the CPU failing to translate the analog sensor to digital. I'll update this post when I get more information.

Oh right ... The speedo randomly/intermittently didn't work. The tech at the dealership said they're seeing more and more of these issues. The tech said it might be due to poor soldering in the unit. Another tech said it was the CPU failing to translate the analog sensor to digital. I'll update this post when I get more information.

Which isn’t working? The digital, analog, or both?
That really sucks. I didn’t know any were having issues.

Sorry for the late response, but I got my truck back 4 days after leaving it with the dealership. Everything is working fine now.

The guy at the shop mentioned something about having to sync mileage to the newly installed unit ... so maybe not so plug and play.

The shop said it was the third one they replaced during the month of June. Two with broken tachometers and my speedometer.

having to sync mileage to the newly installed unit

Not surprised about the sync, considering the law about mileage documentation.

Still, 2 weeks seems long. But if it's back and OK, that's what counts.

Must feel good to get your baby back.

Sorry for the late response, but I got my truck back 4 days after leaving it with the dealership. Everything is working fine now.

The guy at the shop mentioned something about having to sync mileage to the newly installed unit ... so maybe not so plug and play.

The shop said it was the third one they replaced during the month of June. Two with broken tachometers and my speedometer.

That sucks. Glad you got it back and fixed.

Back