Spring compressor VS Zip ties

Taco Slinger 4000

im in the process of possibly ordering a set of fox 2.0’s. My only concern was that the ones I plan on buying are used and the coil is very much preloaded. Question is: can I simply use a ton of zip ties hold this coil down while I adjust the lower ring? How violent will the release be once I cut the zip ties?

im in the process of possibly ordering a set of fox 2.0’s. My only concern was that the ones I plan on buying are used and the coil is very much preloaded. Question is: can I simply use a ton of zip ties hold this coil down while I adjust the lower ring? How violent will the release be once I cut the zip ties?
Have you purchased already? If not, pass and splurge a few bucks on 2.5's. You'll thank yourself in the future. If you never touch dirt, these may suit your needs, but the preload + the small shock isn't really much of an upgrade minus the lift to fit a larger tire.

Have you purchased already? If not, pass and splurge a few bucks on 2.5's. You'll thank yourself in the future. If you never touch dirt, these may suit your needs, but the preload + the small shock isn't really much of an upgrade minus the lift to fit a larger tire.
Haven’t purchased yet, I drive up and down a poorly maintained dirt road 5 days a week sometimes beach sand but nothing with crazy inclines up rocks. Was looking to raise the front up 2 inches and get a better ride. I haven’t yet considered the 2.5s but I’ll check prices now that you mention

What are those?
600lb coils?

Thats 600lbs of force to compress 1 inch right?
Yep, talked to the seller and they’re compressed 2.5 inches for the previous truck. So I figure fasten a bunch of zip ties at different lengths 1 inch apart and cut each one with scissors individually while adjusting with the Spanner wrench. I just wonder if they will violently spring or it’s more of a nice little gradual thing?

Yep, talked to the seller and they’re compressed 2.5 inches for the previous truck. So I figure fasten a bunch of zip ties at different lengths 1 inch apart and cut each one with scissors individually while adjusting with the Spanner wrench. I just wonder if they will violently spring or it’s more of a nice little gradual thing?
Please at least spend the $15 or so for the Horror Freight coil spring compressor. I don't see your method being very nice to your finger nails. Lol

Back