Squeaky leaf springs?

turnerTRD

I wondering the best way to fix this is? I used WD40 a couple of times and it lasted about a month.

I hate mine always squeaking! I had a place I've used for 15 years put in tons of mods this year one being OME Dakar rear springs! I bought new rear rubber Toyota factory shackles so this wouldn't happen! They installed the ARB / OME poly bushing I spray them weekly that's all I get!!! Ugh

don't use wd40...it makes it worse.... coat it with a whole can of PB blaster.... worked for me. the Toyota tech told me wd-40 has an ingredient that is not good for the springs, and that pb blaster is better.

I agree I would not Use wd40 I would Pinpoint it EXACTLY to the source. May simply need to retorque the shackles as they may ha

2016 Tacoma Trd Off-road. (Silver Bullet)
2015 Tacoma Sr5. (Polar Bear)

I agree I would not Use wd40 I would Pinpoint it EXACTLY to the source. May simply need to retorque the shackles as they may ha

Sorry about that as I was saying I would loosen the shackles a bit (if that's where it is coming from) And then retorque them down. They may have shifted at some point and just need to be put back in line with the rest of the suspension. Might want to also have the alignment of the truck checked in the rear might be off just a hair hence the squeaky rubbing of the leafs.. Just my opinion. Though.

Mine started to squeak a little after my lift kit. I bought new shocks that are made for a 3" and that helped more than expected. Come to found out my leaf spring bushings are the ones that are making the noises. 30 dollar fix and it made it better

My 2016 started squeaking in the leaf spring area right after I bought it. Anyone else having this issue on a 2016?

My 2016 started squeaking in the leaf spring area right after I bought it. Anyone else having this issue on a 2016?
Yes. Mine has about 4500 miles on it and they squeak like crazy. Even just getting in and out of it. It started right after I drove down a really muddy road. I haven't taken it off-road even yet. I've power washed the crap out of them, sprayed silicone between and they still squeak. Driving me bonkers.

Check and see if there is a TSB on that issue. My 2011 DCSB Sport had the same problem. I took it in and they fixed it under warranty per the TSB.

I stopped mine from squeaking by cleaning real good and hitting with a bunch of wd 40 and havnt had a squeak in months

I now have 17K on my 2015 4X4 double cab and the leaf springs are squeaking. I think maybe WD40 will help but not a fix. Must be poor design. Might have to check on aftermarket rear leafs instead.

Last edited:
I just put ome rear springs on my ‘14 maybe 6 months ago and they are now squeaking like crazy! So apparently it is not just the stock springs!

The problem with spraying fluids or greasing is I do a lot of off-roading and the dust/dirt will collect on the springs.

Back