Squeaky taco

Alright I know squeaky Tacomas are nothing new but my 2016 TRD Off-road began squeaking within the first thousand miles. They fixed the squeak on my 2015 TRD Off-road. Is there anyone else having squeaking issues and is there a fix for it yet?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 46
Alright I know squeaky Tacomas are nothing new but my 2016 TRD Off-road began squeaking within the first thousand miles. They fixed the squeak on my 2015 TRD Off-road. Is there anyone else having squeaking issues and is there a fix for it yet?

Where is the squeak coming from??

From the rear like shocks/leaf springs area. It is very sensitive. I can put weight on it with one hand and it will squeak.

There was a TSB on the 2nd gens for something in the rear suspension... I could be something similar consider that Toyota changed very little under the truck...

Simple answer: Yes
Sarcastic answer: Oh sure!! Were you expecting that Toyota was going to get you far without a squeak or rattle?

When I wrote a $34,000 check I did expect a little more time before it sounded like it had 100,000 miles on it. But I meant I appreciate your suggestion and I'll look into it.

To be fair, Toyota builds their vehicles for longevity, not luxury. I'm not saying 30k+ isn't a lot, but I'm more thankful that my truck will perform better throughout its lifetime compared to any other truck of similar cost (or just any other vehicle for that matter)

When I wrote a $34,000 check I did expect a little more time before it sounded like it had 100,000 miles on it. But I meant I appreciate your suggestion and I'll look into it.
Have you happened to of driven it though water, like a river or something beeper than just rain?

Mine 16 does it aswell it's sounds like dirt or something is in between the leafs or something when it rains it doesn't squeak

It's the bushings. The sound is the polyurethane rubbing on metal. A little squirt of grease makes it go away for a while. If you want the noise to go away permanently, get a different vehicle.

I would check the U-bolts first. Don't quote me, but I believe they should be torqued to about 65 ft-lbs. some folks have found them pretty loose.

I had found on another forum the torque should be about 57 ft-lbs, I don't have a squeak, but I checked my yesterday and they are correct.

My 2016 sport has had nasty squeak in rear suspension since 4,000 miles. Took to dealer and they "cleaned and lubed silencer pads". Went 10 whole miles before squeak was back. Anyone have a good fix?

Back