Squeaky taco

Alright I know squeaky Tacomas are nothing new but my 2016 TRD Off-road began squeaking within the first thousand miles. They fixed the squeak on my 2015 TRD Off-road. Is there anyone else having squeaking issues and is there a fix for it yet?
As did mine. I am having a hell of a time. Toyota knows its a issue and won't do anything about it. I would like to get a group together and start a recall complaint. I didn't just spend $33k on a truck to have it sound like and old box spring driving down the road. Feel free to contact me, power in numbers...

My 2016 sport has had nasty squeak in rear suspension since 4,000 miles. Took to dealer and they "cleaned and lubed silencer pads". Went 10 whole miles before squeak was back. Anyone have a good fix?
Contact me as I would like to start a group for this complaint. I have been getting the run around from Toyota. They need to recall this.

Same problem with my 16. Was right at 1000 when mine started. Told me it was dirt in the silencer pads mixed with the rubber hitting the metal and suggested I pressure wash them every so often. Said they fixed it but by the time I got home it had started again. I sprayed some wd-40 on them and it has subsided for now.I find the the noise extremely irritating especially since I live on a farm and will daily experience mud and dirt in them. But I guess living with WD-40 daily also will not hurt. It is the only con I have with the truck personally. I've looked at the leaf springs on other trucks and noticed they are absent and do not squeak so I kind of wonder what the point of them is.

Last edited:
My 2016 TRD just had a failure of the front coil over shocks. The issue started after approx. 7000 kms- squeaky sounds. In the end it as the shocks. Warranty just replaced them.....I have a firm quiet ride back.

My squeak was actually coming from the front end. Some trucks had the wrong bushing installed at the factory. It is under the radiator. They replaced it and the squeak went away.

I had the front radiator support bushing failure as well. Dealer had no clue so they actually removed and greased the sway bar bushings. I ended up making a video of the nasty squeaky screech and parked my truck. I uploaded the video to youtube and to Toyota Corporate. That got the attention of Toyota and they finally admitted there were a "couple" of misaligned body bushings installed at the factory. My thought was that misaligned robot installed a whole lot more than a couple of bushings on that line. All good since they replaced it.

Back