steering wheel shakes after lift

dillon

I put a 3 in front and 2 in rear lift on my 13 tacoma. Put the diff drop in the front by the skid plate. Steering wheel shakes and bed shakes from 45- 60mph usually. Some days its bad some days its not so noticable. The speed varys as well when it starts to shake.

I put a 3 in front and 2 in rear lift on my 13 tacoma. Put the diff drop in the front by the skid plate. Steering wheel shakes and bed shakes from 45- 60mph usually. Some days its bad some days its not so noticable. The speed varys as well when it starts to shake.
Did you get an alignment done after you lifted it?

Usually when this happens to me it means I need to clean the mud or snow out of the wheels.

Alignment ever?

I did get a alignment right after the lift but i had to go back since it was worse then before then after it was realigned my slip indicator light on the dash was on and the mechanic told me " yea that happens" and been about 6 months and still trying to figure the bed shake and wheel shake problem

My tires are deff not perfect. tread is wearing away different all over the tire jus doesnt seem that the tire could make it shake so much

My tires are deff not perfect. tread is wearing away different all over the tire jus doesnt seem that the tire could make it shake so much

Were upper control arms part of your lift? If not you may have fallen into the small percentage that really needs them to get a decent alignment. Every truck is a little different. And it sounds like you need to find a new alignment guy. Are you sure you don’t have a bent wheel? Tie rods in good shape?

Yea im ganna go to a new garage get a new alignment and balance wheels again thisweekend. I guess my question is can tires give a good shake if they are bad

Might be time for some new tires.
Like @Crawdad said... Did you replace the UCA? 3” is pushing it for being able to get an alignment without new UCA. And you might want a new alignment guy.
All good stuff there^^

I dropped the carrier bearing a qtr inch the other day and it helped the rear, still a little shake in the bed but alot better. Woukd the drop for the cv axels make the wheel shake?

After work ill post pics of the cv joints and the tread. The cv joints didnt seem to have a bad bend i saw worse on here

Back