Steering wheel wobble

TacoJoe11

Just got a new set of tires on my 2011 Tacoma dbl cab SR5. Cooper Discover AT3 265/75/16. I got them yesterday morning and on my way to work I experienced a wobble in the steering wheel whenever I reached 60mph. I took it back today and they said it was a little out of balance so they rebalanced the tires at no charge. I still feel the wobble at the same speed, is this a common problem when changing tire size with the stock suspension?

I have the same size tire. I have no wobble at any speed. May be a bad tire. You may want to move the tires around and see if that changes anything. Good luck.

Check your steering u-joint it may need to be lubed if it has a fitting. Just throwing out an idea.

453972H.jpg

Took the truck back to the shop where I got the tires (again). And they finally got the tires balanced! They were only using a static balancing technique the first two times I do believe, but this time they used dynamic balancing with weights on both sides. They used an old school technique that was much more tedious and took twice as long. The younger mechanic that balanced my tires the first two times said he had never seen the technique the "old guys" used to balance my tires. Special thanks to the "old guys"

aftermarket rims and tires

I have a question in reference to the same issue. I have aftermarket wheels and the Cooper tires. After several trips to the tire store balance and rotate I am still having this issue . It normally is between 55-65 MPH.... any advice I was thinking of getting a steering stabalizer but not sure that will help.

2011 Tacoma 4door pre-runner

There are no steering stabilizers for IFS vehicles. They are a bandaid for the real problem anyway. Have you tried road force balancing?

After having these tires 5 years and 40k miles. I hope cooper stepped up there game same for my local farm and fleet. I will not return!

Back