Steering won't return to center

ruttinsquirrell

I bought a 97 ext cab 3.4 manual Tacoma 170,000 miles and I've put new bfg km2 32/11.50/15 on there after having a blowout at 70mph. Ever since the blowout I've had steering issues I've had a alignment replaced lbj replaced rack and it still won't return to center any ideas?IMG_1819.JPG

The steering wheel won't return to center or the tires won't return to center? If it' just the wheel, then yeah, take it off and put it back on centered.

My steering wheel won't return to center when I turn. The steering wheel is inline with the tires. If I turn left it keeps going left and same for the right.

My steering wheel won't return to center when I turn. The steering wheel is inline with the tires. If I turn left it keeps going left and same for the right.

Got it. I have no idea what blowing out a tire would do to cause that problem or why changing out the steering rack didn't solve it.

Hey Ruttinsquirrell,

How are you? Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas on how to fix your steering issue. Are you sure your rig is a 1997? The nose looks pretty 1998-2000.

Back