Storage

edawg

Just wondering what you guys keep in the storage behind the back seats of y'all's tacos. Also in the bed storage box? Have any of you guys had anything stolen out of there?

Back seat
  1. 12volt plug in trouble light
  2. hitch parts, i.e. receiver w/ball, receiver w/shackle, locking pin, extra shackle, extra pin
  3. my stock 18in antenna, I sport a stubby in town.
  4. gloves
  5. a roll of painters plastic, works great for laying down to crawl under truck
  6. socket, extension, racket for tires
  7. suicide door cubby, my tow strap
  8. small 1st aid kit
  9. small tool kit
  10. extra fuses

Rear cubbies
  1. I installed cam locks on both
  2. Bungee cords in a zip lock, the 4 side rail tie downs
  3. Whatever else I can cram in them when traveling for camping/wheeling

I park right by my back door in a locked up fenced in yard, truck can't be seen from street, dogs would bark if someone ventured in so never have had anyone brave enough to mess with my truck. :gunsmilie:

Nothing has ever been stolen out of any of my yoda's since '94 when I 1st bought one. Prior to that only once had anything stolen from a vehicle, A stereo back in '86. Car was parked on the street. Don't park there anymore. :glare:

Thanks alot for all of the advice and info. How did you install the camlocks? I think I may wanna do that. Also do you remember what they cost roughly? Thanks

Thanks alot for all of the advice and info. How did you install the camlocks? I think I may wanna do that. Also do you remember what they cost roughly? Thanks @byrd

Back seat
  1. 12volt plug in trouble light
  2. hitch parts, i.e. receiver w/ball, receiver w/shackle, locking pin, extra shackle, extra pin
  3. my stock 18in antenna, I sport a stubby in town.
  4. gloves
  5. a roll of painters plastic, works great for laying down to crawl under truck
  6. socket, extension, racket for tires
  7. suicide door cubby, my tow strap
  8. small 1st aid kit
  9. small tool kit
  10. extra fuses

Rear cubbies
  1. I installed cam locks on both
  2. Bungee cords in a zip lock, the 4 side rail tie downs
  3. Whatever else I can cram in them when traveling for camping/wheeling

I park right by my back door in a locked up fenced in yard, truck can't be seen from street, dogs would bark if someone ventured in so never have had anyone brave enough to mess with my truck. :gunsmilie:

Nothing has ever been stolen out of any of my yoda's since '94 when I 1st bought one. Prior to that only once had anything stolen from a vehicle, A stereo back in '86. Car was parked on the street. Don't park there anymore. :glare:

How did you install the camlocks?

Flashlight and a first aid kit behind my seats

Bungy cords and jumper cables in my bed boxes (my trucks new and all, but I carry jumpers just out of habit now).

Leatherman tool in my center console, because survivorman carries one, i should too haha.

One of my favorite features is the storage!!!

In the cab
1. Small tool set
2. bungee cords
3. maglight
4. jumper cables
5. zip ties
6. hitch components
7. blankets
8. spare fuses
9. assorted work gloves
10. rubber bands
11. rubber mallet
12. rain poncho
I probably have more that I forgot to mention, I'm a worst case scenario kind of guy. I do currently have 2 footballs rolling around my backseats right now.
I also keep ratchet tie downs, a tarp, nylon rope, and a tow rope in the bed cubbies.

I love that I could fit nearly everything I had in my toolbox from my s10 inside the storage of my Tacoma. Great use of space!!!

Back