Straight pipes?

Yota4life

Has anyone done straight pipes on an 01-04. If so, does it sound good, was it easy, how much did it cost...etc

Same motor as me, my muffler rotted, so I pulled it off and let my exhaust end there, still HAVE cat and all the other goodies, its pretty loud as is... Deep tone and when you get on if everyone can hear you lol

Now if you are talking about complete straight pipe like no cats or anything then Defiantly not. I would say that just cutting the muffler off is also a bad idea. I have my muffler cut off right now on my 4.0. It sounds ok but is so loud you can't have a conversation in the truck. I kinda like it but I'm sure others don't

OffroadTaco is right about the noise. It depends on what you like in the tone of a vehicle. If you like and obnoxious loud drone that wakes the neighbors, then go ahead and do it. I think straight pipes sound waaaaaay better on a V8 anyway.

I'd recommend checking out some performance mufflers. Magnaflow is a great brand. Not sure on the price of Aero turbines but there are cheaper alternatives for exhausts like dynomax and thrush. Im running a borla on my 11' but those run a little pricey.

I have a aero turbine sitting in my room but I don't have money to get it welded on right now. I'm saving for a tactical armor front bumper

Back