Subwoofer Placement 2nd Gen DCSB

Details52

Sorry if there is a thread on here for this. I have a 2013 DCSB will all of the storage boxes and cubbie holes under and behind the back seats. I am thinking off adding at least 8" sub and possibly 2 of them. I know some of you have done this and I am looking for suggestions on where to put them. Any advice is welcome. Pics are always helpful.

You are going to have to lose some or all of the rear cubbies. Supercrew sound and tacotunes(customer service is iffy). JL Audio makes a stealth box that fits behing the passenger side rear seat. You need the non JBL plastic if you have a JBL truck. It is preloaded with 2 - 10 inch subs but the box is for 05 to 11 trucks. Other than that you can have something built. I have seens some people use the space under the seats where the storage bins sit as a sub box but that is a major project.

Thanks for the info. I was afraid it would be quite a chore. I have the non-JBL system in mine but luckily the mids and highs sound impressive. Do you know if the factory head unit has pre-amp outputs or if I would have to order some sort of proprietary cable?

No preamp outputs. If you want to keep the stock unit you will need to use the high level inputs on the amp or some kind of line converter.

Can always use JL cleansweep. Its a little pricey though. Audio control makes nice processors too, and theyre a bit cheaper.

Back