Subwoofer placement

chadley

Hi all. I have a 17DC Pro and want to add a subwoofer. With the already upgraded sound in the Pro I don’t think I need more than an 8 inch sub. Initially I figured I would put in in the space behind the back seat but I came across a kicker that can fit under the front seat.

Does anyone have first hand experience and advice on which way to go?

Thanks

Hi all. I have a 17DC Pro and want to add a subwoofer. With the already upgraded sound in the Pro I don’t think I need more than an 8 inch sub. Initially I figured I would put in in the space behind the back seat but I came across a kicker that can fit under the front seat.

Thanks
Doesn’t the pro have the JBL with an 8” sub behind the back seat?

Thanks

Are you wanting to replace the current sub?

Doesn’t the pro have the JBL with an 8” sub behind the back seat?

Yes. The JBL system has a factory sub behind the rear seats. It actually takes out a decent amount of storage. My TRD OR has it, so would the Pro.

My Pro does not have the sub behind the backseat and the side panels do not have a JBL logo. I have to assume it is a stock audio system. It sounds ok but I want to improve it. I’ve read some posts about just upgrading directional tweeters. I’m going to have someone look at it and provide some options.

Back