Suggestions for a 3in lift...

Yota4life

I bought this ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1378443244.069936.jpg from a friend for $120 and I am selling it this weekend for $2500 and with that money, I am going to add some more stuff to my truck. The first thing I wanted to do was buy a lift and I was wondering what brand should I stay away from and whatnot.
I am currently leaning towards this http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/529043.html
I am also curious on how easy it is to install....I am 17 and starting to want to do things myself.
Thanks

Tough Country is junk since it is a spacer lift. Look at Bilstein 5100s from DSM. I believe they are just over 300 for the 4 shocks but you wilk need some sort of rear lift. Give them a call and they will set you up. Maybe join TW and send them a PM so they give you a discount.

The install is straight forward but have someone help if you have never done it. You will need to rent a spring compressor or have a shop swap the coils onto the new shocks.

I would also go with the AAL in the rear instead if the lift block. It might be a little more and a little harder to do but it is worth it. I'm 16 and I did this all by my self, I had to have a friend come over so I could get the AAL done right but other then that it's pretty simple. Check out wheelers for the AAl, as whipper has already mentioned

Well it depends, if there is no lift in the back, 1.75 is level. If you have 1-1.5, 2.5 will be pretty close to level.

What do u guys think of those excursion leafs that give a 3 inch lift in the rear I quests it comes with 10 leafs so there is no blocks I was thinking of purchasing them for 410.00 or close to it and your opinions for the front lift ? Correct me if I'm wrong if I go with a 3 inch rear should I go with a 3.5 front to level it out due to the stock Tacoma lean ? Let me know so I can do it the right way !!! And why are the spacers junk ?

Top plate spacers push the whole coilover down. Going down means your shock will bottom out before you hit the bump stop which could cause bending of the shock shaft. Also you put more leverage on the whole assembly.

Coil spacers add preload to the stock coil. The stock shock isn't made for this so the ride becomes harsh from the preload coil.

Lastly, why buy such an awesome truck just to put a crappy lift on it?

As far as front lift goes any non spacer lift is good. Bilstein, OME Fox, Icon, King and Radflow...just point your credit card at your favorite and charge it.

What brand rear leaf springs?

I know the name of the leafs are excursion I found it on t.w I have to check thanks for the info you saved me more than you know lol so order the whole spring assembly. So getting back to the lift should I go a half inch taller in the front to offset the Tacoma lean ?

So the 5100s raise the front with nothing needed other than the shock? I am just curious. I just bought new Monroe shocks for $50 to get me buy but if I only need to purchase 2 5100 (for the front) to raise it I can just buy an add a leaf and get 1.5-2"? Or do the 5100s only come in a group of 4??

Cool so buying the 5100's take care of the fronts without problems and I know with jeeps they get a hell of a death shake in the front hitting bumps so I quests where In the market for steering dampner if they make one. I'm stuck between the add a leaf and replacing the whole leaf. Like whip said its a bad ass truck and I wanna do it the right way and if I have to spend the money ill have to but don't wanna get ripped off for **** I don't need or that is useless . I'm still looking for that add on the excursion leaf kit I remember they said it came with all the nessesary hardware and prothane grommets instead of rubber they just don't come with shocks and they recommend walker Evans or some name like that we will see when my wallet melts thankgod my wife's into this stuff more than I am lol

Diff drops for 2nd gens are bad. They rotate the diff which pulls lube away from the pinion bearing and the cv correction effect is minimal. Just watch the cv boots.

Back