Suicide doors

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by MacGyver, Jan 13, 2019.

1. MacGyver

MacGyver Well-Known Member

I am looking on putting suicide doors on the back doors of my 2019 TRDS 4 door. I can only find a few places to get it done and hoped someone else had a similar idea for best tips and tricks.

2017TacomaSport likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. AZ Pete

AZ Pete Well-Known Member

my tip is that suicide doors make it very awkward for back seat passengers to exit at the same time as front seat passengers when angle parked, or when there is any obstruction near the exit side of the truck. They look cool though.

4. bdarnold12

bdarnold12 Well-Known Member

+1 on this, they look cool but in day to day use they are a PITA.

B-Man and texasred like this.
  5. mcklovin77

mcklovin77 Well-Known Member

Mine has suicide doors, oh I forgot I have a access cab lol.

texasred, B-Man and AZ Pete like this.
  6. AZ Pete

AZ Pete Well-Known Member

yes, I had an access cab, 1st Gen Tundra, that is the source of my experience with how inconvenient suicide doors can be...

texasred, B-Man and mcklovin77 like this.
  7. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

My 06 GMC had them. Seemed great when I bought the truck. Pain in the ass to use once reality sets in.

mcklovin77 likes this.