Supercharger

brianc401

Anyone ever put a supercharger on their Tacoma? I love the Tacoma and a pickup is a must for me now. But my previous car was an STI. Just a slight difference there and slowly getting used to it. But, if a supercharger is a possibility, I’d prob be a whole lot happier. :)

Anyone ever put a supercharger on their Tacoma? I love the Tacoma and a pickup is a must for me now. But my previous car was an STI. Just a slight difference there and slowly getting used to it. But, if a supercharger is a possibility, I’d prob be a whole lot happier. :)

Are you referring to 3rd gens?
2GR FKS?
Magnuson is working on one. Rumor about release in December.
OV tune is in works for a twin turbo.

The latest model=2018. That wud be 3rd Gen right?
Thanks guys. So, at some point in the near future, my Tacoma won’t have to suck wind anymore.
I’m guessing the cost will prob be around $5k just for the parts. But, it’ll be a fun project and I’ll be so much happier.
Any known issues with the engine due to superchargers? Decrease in life expectancy maybe?

The latest model=2018. That wud be 3rd Gen right?
Thanks guys. So, at some point in the near future, my Tacoma won’t have to suck wind anymore.
I’m guessing the cost will prob be around $5k just for the parts. But, it’ll be a fun project and I’ll be so much happier.
Any known issues with the engine due to superchargers? Decrease in life expectancy maybe?

That is correct, 16 +.
I’m no expert, but based off price on 2nd gens and the recently released MAGNUSON 4Runner SC. It will be up and around $5,700.
I wouldn’t have the slightest clue on life expectancies, or issues as no one has had it to report it yet. But I agree. I’ll definitely be in the market for one and it will be an exciting project, making my sport alittle more sporty.

Bolted one on my 2nd get at about 80K miles. I'm at 160ish now without issues however the truck eats more fuel. The Toyota tune is really rich.

A said before, there's nothing available for 3rd gens. If you really want to go fast, get something that will actually go fast.

Bolted one on my 2nd get at about 80K miles. I'm at 160ish now without issues however the truck eats more fuel. The Toyota tune is really rich.

A said before, there's nothing available for 3rd gens. If you really want to go fast, get something that will actually go fast.

Cool! Good to know! Thanks.

I would’ve loved to have a Ford F-150 Raptor. But it would never fit in my garage and my pockets aren’t that deep.

Ninja ZX6R!
Destroys STIs;)

Bikes are lame though. :D

LOL. Well, riding a bike in Fairfield county Connecticut is almost asking for an early grave between the traffic and all the people who love to text and drive (I’ve even seen drivers watching TV holding their phones on the wheel ‍♂️). That’s why I got the STI instead....& will eventually supe-up a Tacoma. [emoji4]

Back