Suspension lift vs body lift

I’d agree that 35s would not fit under a 4” lift. I have 3” with 285/70/17 and they rub if I turn to fast going into slanted driveways or bumps. I haven’t had a chance to get under the truck to see if there is anything I can cut out. I’ve only had it lifted for about 6 weeks.

I’d agree that 35s would not fit under a 4” lift. I have 3” with 285/70/17 and they rub if I turn to fast going into slanted driveways or bumps. I haven’t had a chance to get under the truck to see if there is anything I can cut out. I’ve only had it lifted for about 6 weeks.
The right alignment can help a lot with that set up.

The right alignment can help a lot with that set up.

I had an alignment done right away. I’m thinking it’s rubbing the front side of the wheel wells. I’ve already learned to slow down when turning. I have -12 offset. That might be causing it too. Either way, it looks a lot tougher and I’m willing to deal with the rubbing.

I had an alignment done right away. I’m thinking it’s rubbing the front side of the wheel wells. I’ve already learned to slow down when turning. I have -12 offset. That might be causing it too. Either way, it looks a lot tougher and I’m willing to deal with the rubbing.
Mine rubs the same way I have -6 offset. If I slow down it doesn’t rub. Not a big deal.

I was on another forum for years & locally my garage was pretty much open to other local members to wrench/do MODS/lifts/etc: & the first thing we encountered was all the plastic in the way of fitment of larger tires starting from the spot you mention in front wheel wells, there & in the back of wheel well as well , we trimmed a lot off until at least on road there's be no or very little rubbing in tight turns, but for those who off road there was still a troublesome spot where no matter how much you took off or how high you lifted it was going to rub & this was the cab mount, seems Toyota had left an unusually large amount of material (steel) protruding into the tire/wheel well area, this had to be removed by way of angle grinder/cutoff wheel in orderf to even off road mildly without beating the piss out of tires (& driver)

I've personally done 4 or 5 "cab chops" as they've become known as. Not hard & not detrimental to structural integrity of frame..We just finished what toyota overlooked...

Back