Sway bar link.

BigT

So yesterday we got 7 inches of snow. It was the first time using the 4×4 system in high. After driving for about 14 miles I started feeling and hearing a tapping when ever the truck goes over a bump. I'm sure I have a busted sway bar link. The thing is I only have 2300 miles on my truck. And I have never taken it off road. I don't understand why a truck that made for off ROAD would damage a sway bar link in normal driving. I'm starting to wonder How reliable are this TRD OFF ROAD.

It’s ice in your front coil. This happens to my truck too. Either wait for it to melt or blast it out at a car wash. Annoying sound you can feel through the floor. Hate it.

So yesterday we got 7 inches of snow. It was the first time using the 4×4 system in high. After driving for about 14 miles I started feeling and hearing a tapping when ever the truck goes over a bump. I'm sure I have a busted sway bar link. The thing is I only have 2300 miles on my truck. And I have never taken it off road. I don't understand why a truck that made for off ROAD would damage a sway bar link in normal driving. I'm starting to wonder How reliable are this TRD OFF ROAD.
Drive it and if anything breaks on a new taco use the warranty and fix it. That’s what it’s there for.

It's not about not being able to drive the truck but for a 2 month old truck to be hearing noise coming from the front end is a little disappointing. And look at my wiper blades yesterday and they are already falling apart.

Update on front end noise. So the dealer can't figure out where the noise is coming from. So far everything is tight. So it's not the sway bar link.

Update it was the it was the left front strut center bolt was three quarters of a turn loose. This was the most annoying noise coming from the front

If a dealer acknowledges there is an issue or noise but has no fix or can’t fix it make sure they put it in writing that they acknowledge it and tried. Next call corporate and start a case. The dealer isn’t going to do it for you.

Back