Synthetic ATF Fluid for 2nd Generation Taco's,2013 and up !

Rambo

Instead of using Toyota WS ATF, can we flush and fill with another Auto Tranny Fluid ATF that is 100% Full Synthetic that meets Toyota WS ATF. I use at present AMSOIL ATF for 35,000 miles and want to either drop pan,gasket and filter,or do another flush, can I use MOBIL1 ATF or should I stick with AMSOIL Signature Series Again??? Want the Best and not well informed, have 45,000 miles, flushed and switched to AMSOIL Signature Series at 7,000 miles !Now at 45,000 miles now ! Ive seen Valvoline MAX ATF , and Royal Purple are compatable , but prefer MOBIL1 and AMSOIL Signature Series ! Please advise and help if you have knowledge! OLD School Tech from the 70s-early 90s. , Rambo!

Could'nt wait, did the AMSOIL Fuel Efficient Signature Series ATF WS Rated Today, used 13 Quarts for a complete flush today at dealership! Runs cooler and smoother! may be MOBIL 1 Will manufacture one day WS Rated ATF Full Synthetic Fluid s !

What is the reccomended change interval? I just got a 2012 with the 4cyl-4sp a/t with 45k on the clock.

every 5,000 miles for 4 cyl. and 6 cyl. both, I recommend any or all of the 100% Full Synthetics any brand names ! for engines and every 30,000 with any Brand name that meets WS ATF Fluids as AMSOIL,Valvoline,Castrol,Kendall,Amalie, as long as it meets WS and is 100% Full Synthetics, I add DR Tranny 2 oz and Lubragard Red or Platinum 10 ozs. I used Platinum and 2Ozs of Dr Tranny anti Shudder for protection and any 100% Full Synthetic LSP Rear Axle Fluids and add any major Anti Slip additive to rears and change rears Axle fluids every 30,000 miles. I do and did on my 2013 Tacoma PreRunner since new. I did my Tranny,Rears at every 25,000 miles and engine at 3,000-5,000 miles on engine. I also have flushed Pwr Stering fluid every 25-30,000 miles with 100% Full Synthetics ATF for pwr steering, also did brakes fluids with 100% Full Synthetic DOT 3 Brake Fluids every 25-30,000 miles since new at 5,000 on everything all to 100% Full Synthetics running like Brand new at 53,250 miles now today!do Front brake pads every 30,000 miles with quality OEM,TRD,or any major brands Ceramic based front pads !Shoes or Pads in Rears at 60-75,000 miles! Spray complete Under carrage with any brand name spray oils to protect frame,steering floor panels and more ,except for exhaust underneath every 3-4 months !Protects from rust and more!

You have an inpressive "change" schedule Rambo!
Being new to Toyota's, I only have my past history with Ford & Chev 3/4's & up. Allways did the rears at 100k, a/t's at 75-80k (amsoil) and the (diesel) engine at 3k. gas at 5k, petro. oil. This pretty much assured me trouble free up til I got rid of them around 200k.
I appreciate an "acelerated" change interval, but some of your intervals changes sound a bit extreme, and I don't mean that in a bad way! I only joined here today so I don't "know you" from reading your posts YET. I am eager to "meet" a bunch of you in the future! Is your service interval typical here? I have not fully read the owners service manuals that came with my tk. but as always, I stay on service schedule's and do it myself. The previous owner supplied all his service work (at Toyota) and changed the oil (with synthetic) every 5k, I'm doing the 45k engine oil tommorow. Thanks for your detailed response!

You have an inpressive "change" schedule Rambo!
Being new to Toyota's, I only have my past history with Ford & Chev 3/4's & up. Allways did the rears at 100k, a/t's at 75-80k (amsoil) and the (diesel) engine at 3k. gas at 5k, petro. oil. This pretty much assured me trouble free up til I got rid of them around 200k.
I appreciate an "acelerated" change interval, but some of your intervals changes sound a bit extreme, and I don't mean that in a bad way! I only joined here today so I don't "know you" from reading your posts YET. I am eager to "meet" a bunch of you in the future! Is your service interval typical here? I have not fully read the owners service manuals that came with my tk. but as always, I stay on service schedule's and do it myself. The previous owner supplied all his service work (at Toyota) and changed the oil (with synthetic) every 5k, I'm doing the 45k engine oil tommorow. Thanks for your detailed response!
I just like to play it Old School and Safe , Old Timer Diesel Heavy equipment Tech,1978-2013, I don't believe in Lifetime or 100K Bullshit,thats how shops make tons of money rebuilding or selling newer vehicles, seen it, been there, Big Rigs and Dozers and so on go by Hour meters or axle revs! Not all miles as in Trash trucks, dozers and construction equipment! Never ever had and engine,tranny,rears or pwr steering go on me unless damaged hoses or rip and damages to pans or other! new Lube like new Blood! Go Figure and Merry Christmas and happy New Year !

That reminds me, does the taco have an hour meter? I don't think that with my use of this truck it will be necessary, but I used to monitor mileage and hours on my 7.3's PSD's. It usually got started in the am, then shut down when I got home. IIRC the oil got changed at about 250 hours that pretty much worked out to 3000 miles that I stuck to. I kept my old F 350 7.3 because it's still a fairly simple and has no emissions bs on it, and my 7.3 F450 has been mostly running on heating oil running around here on the property. and it now has 6200+ hours on it at 200k. No engine work other than a water pump. I know, not a Ford forum here! Just backround. Merry Christmas and have a happy new year as well!

Changed the engine oil for my first time this morning and promptly broke off the little aluminum tab that WAS around the side of the filter:rolleyes:
I can see I'm gonna have to get one of those pretty little aluminum "cup" type that fits the end of the filter for the next change. I guess I'll prolly stick with the 5k miles change interval that the prev owner had done at the dealer, from what I've heard, that seems reasonable with the synthetic.

Back