Synthetic Oil

cf66

I have a 2016 Tacoma TRD.
It has 29,500 miles on it.
Is it worth it to change to Synthetic Oil ?
If so, what brand is the best to use ?

I have a 2016 Tacoma TRD.
It has 29,500 miles on it.
Is it worth it to change to Synthetic Oil ?
If so, what brand is the best to use ?
It came with synthetic oil in it sooo... yes... lol.
A couple oil changes ago I switched from Mobil1 to Castrol...
Everyone has their preferences, it doesn't really matter as long as you stick to 0W-20.

Last edited:
If youre engine is spec'd for 0/20 any 0/20 you put in it will be synthetic, at worst a synthetic blend. Personally I like amsoil, have used it for years in my cars, truck,bikes, lawn equipment with never the first problem, Castrol would be my second choice.

Generally speaking any synthetic is better than covential petroleum oil, most store shelf synthetics are more highly refined petroleum with group 4 and group5 additions, some more, some less. The thing is as a cosumer you'll never know how much group4 and 5, thats a guarded secret. We all have our favorites for whatever reason, some real, some imagined. Personally I don't even consider conventional oil any more.

Generally speaking any synthetic is better than covential petroleum oil, most store shelf synthetics are more highly refined petroleum with group 4 and group5 additions, some more, some less. The thing is as a cosumer you'll never know how much group4 and 5, thats a guarded secret. We all have our favorites for whatever reason, some real, some imagined. Personally I don't even consider conventional oil any more.

My wallet tells me that I should buy the one on sale for 50% off lol

Damn Bucky82, your answered in a thread that was almost a year ago, and I see B.C. answering and I see he did it yesterday, and I know his posts so I just followed behind his and then realize it's an old thread but a good subject.

Hey I'm just thinking out loud.... Everything's cool

I got it, I got it, some one somewhere started the rumor that the old toilet paper oil filters were the best in the world, so now everyone is installing toilet paper oil filters. Wander such filters better, 2 ply or 4 ply.

Well maybe they are stressed out about their toilet paper situation ,and it just manifests itself here lol
I think it's got to do with total thread count. They want you to start a new thread instead of bringing the old ones back alive.

Speaking of old threads, ive been looking for the one about the air damn/spoiler or whatever you wanna call it under the front bumper. Does anyone remember what the general consensus was, does it really do anything uther than look hidious? Been thinking about taking mine off.
I have revived a lot of old threads...so i must be hated...but that is okay with me. ;)

Speaking of old threads, ive been looking for the one about the air damn/spoiler or whatever you wanna call it under the front bumper. Does anyone remember what the general consensus was, does it really do anything uther than look hidious? Been thinking about taking mine off.
I remember the thread.....think it counts for maybe 1mpg.....taking it off makes the Taco look much better!

Back