Taco Number 4 Still Running Strong

daytrader

Hi all. I had to register today to get some help with my A/C.
I have only bought Tacomas my entire life lol. This one is number 4. Bought new in 2011. Pretty much loaded TRD 4x4 4 door, full bed, blacked out... hood scoop... the works :D

Anyway.... I've had this problem for awhile now and I've just been too lazy to dig into it and before I do I just wanted to share.

The A/C is NOT cutting off. It blows cold regardless of vent selection (ie defrost or feet or whatever) and temp selection. The little A/C light turns off when pushed (when you move the temp selector selector off of full cold a click or two) but it still blows cold. My mileage sucks.

I'm pretty handy when I have schematics in hand... but not having any luck finding a good diagram on line.

I'm gonna go out and pull the clutch relay, I'm sure that will disengage the compressor... hopefully its just a bad relay. I'll check terminals 1 and 2 with a meter and see what electrical signal is with the controls on/off.

Anyway, I hope its just the relay. Any links to a better diagram would be great if someone has them.

I'll check back in a few, gonna go swap that relay and see what happens. TIA.

Update.
OK, I pulled out the relay, I didn't hear any change in the rpm's.... whaaatever.... put it back in.... and now everything works fine.
So I guess we'll go with that. ;)

And I apologize to the Mod's here if this should be posted under another sub-category, please feel free to move.

115K and the only thing I have done is change the oil. And 1 set of bigger tires with a 3" lift. Other than that, I haven't even had to do brakes or a battery. Thats why I love em!!
She needs some love now however so I'll be around with some more posts/questions.
Thanks all. Drive safe.

Last edited:
Back