Tacoma Faulty Seatbelt Recall

Nathan

Admin
Staff member
Toyota is voluntarily recalling 342,000 Tacoma Access Cab pickups, produced between 2004 and 2011. The wide-ranging recall is due to faults in the screws that attach the belt pre-tensioner to the belt retractor. There are concerns that the screws can loosen themselves over time, especially if the access door is opened and closed with too much force. It's important to note that the recall only covers the driver and front passenger seat, and is limited to just the Access Cab trucks. Other body styles aren't affected.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/07/...omas-faulty-seatbelt-pretensioners/#continued

Mine actually fell apart. I just put the screw back in and tightened her down. Guess, I'll take her in and have that fixed.....sometime on my day off. Happened on the driver side. Still tight but you can tell it's working loose again.

I was like WTF after I had owned it about 3 weeks, the seatbelt wasn't attached anymore when I went to put it on. Glad I was off that day....skinny vise grips and tightened her up, been holding up so far.

Last edited:
Just checked with Toyota mine is listed:

Below are the open safety recalls or service campaigns that have not yet been completed for your vehicle. Please contact your local Toyota dealer for additional information.
Description Customer Message Campaign Number
Safety Recall D0L (D1L)
Preliminary Notice - 2005 through 2011 Model Year Tacoma Access Cab Vehicles Driver and Front Passenger Seat Belt Assemblies
At the present time, Toyota is currently preparing the remedy.
What is the Condition? The Seat Belt Assemblies for the driver and front passenger are mounted inside the access (rear) doors of the subject vehicles. On the assemblies, screws holding the Seat Belt Pre-tensioner to the Seat Belt Retractor can become loose over time and through repeated use of the access door. If these screws loosen completely, the Seat Belt Pre-tensioner and Retractor Spring Cover could detach, increasing the risk of injury to an occupant in the event of a severe crash.

When will the Remedy be Available: The remedy procedures will be provided to each dealership in the near future. At which time, Toyota will notify owners of covered vehicles by first class mail. Additional information will be posted on this site once the remedy is available.

For answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the document below.
FAQ D1L

FAQ:
https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInf...n/techinfo/html/prelogin/docs/cp/d1ltofaq.pdf

Last edited:
Back