Tacoma in sand dunes

This is just sad....

img_3621-jpg.12141

It might be the TC you have to hold the TC button down for 3 second or so to turn it of complete. Some Toyota show the TC is of but it is not off completely. This might be your problem

Nope. Either trans works just fine offroad.

Let's get some guys together with both types , meet out in Ocotillo Wells or superstition, spend the day racing up Sand Dam & Blo Sand & finish it with a natzi MOB , 4 wide 70mph run down San Felipe wash it'll be like Taladega in the sand, it'd be fun for sure, I'll wait for ya'll to catch up....;)

Let's get some guys together with both types , meet out in Ocotillo Wells or superstition, spend the day racing up Sand Dam & Blo Sand & finish it with a natzi MOB , 4 wide 70mph run down San Felipe wash it'll be like Taladega in the sand, it'd be fun for sure, I'll wait for ya'll to catch up....;)

Idk. I have the Turdcharger.

Sorry to break it to ya but no clutch=not really manual

But the gear selection is basically the same. The clutch does nothing when you are already rolling. Actually you could lose momentum and get stuck if you choose too high of a gear while the auto can downshift.

Idk. I have the Turdcharger.
I’ll watch you all lap me in my turd gen auto.

I did try CRAWL for approximately 10 minutes. No luck. I dug deeper. I have tried crawl 3 time ever since I got my taco but none worked. Maybe I was too much into mud or sand, and it was considered too late to use. I have some video when I used crawl in mud or sand but unable upload it here
My CRAWL has worked in sand Everytime I've used it. Sometimes it takes a while but has worked without fail being stuck down to my frame. Mud has worked for me too but I was too far gone one time.IMG_20171029_155138858.jpg

I will agree the current Toyota’s do not hold up to their off-road ability and all the videos you see Toyota make have extra power and off-road capabilities so they can make a sale. They are all slightly modified. I am constantly getting stuck in my truck. And with other trucks I owned that were two wheel drive never got stuck. I have 48,000 miles on my 17 Trd Tacoma

Back