TACOMA Radio won't turn off

Looked like it was downloading something, therefore it shouldn't be interrupted.

It doesn't really matter if it is downloading the weather information or not, if I want the shut down / turn off the radio I should be able to do so.

Plus it is not turning off even when the weather information if fully downloaded ....

All you need to do is press the power button rather than hold it in. You won't get a blank screen, but the audio will turn off. To turn the screen off go to 'Settings', then at the bottom of the screen tap 'Screen Off'.

Oh really is that the way it is?

I know if I press the power button once the audio goes off,

And if I go to settings I can turn off the screen.
But that's not how it's supposed to be, I should be able to turn the whole unit off,
With out leaving the unit working in the back ground..

Look, if you're going to be a smart ass you aren't going to get any help around here. Bottom line, you can't turn the unit off the way you can turn off an older type of stereo head. If you want to talk about what you want to do vs. What you can do, that's another thread entirely.

Not trying to be an assmart ass, you brainless

I am asking and seeking for help here or some type of advise, it is weird that the stereo unit can't be completely off I have own many cars in my life this is the first one that I have seen like this, with this many bugs/ issues .

just tell me can you turn he stereo unit off in you Tacoma or is it the same way as mine..

Or any one in here,
Is your Tacoma the same way as mine ??

earlier today I called my local dealership and the told me a tech gotta see the truck ... as that was not normal ....

Oh sorry, you want things fixed that aren't broken. Ok, here's what you do. Get down so you are eye level with the bottom of your stereo unit. Then, with as much force as possible, head butt the screen. You'll be killing two birds with one stone - your stereo will no longer annoyingly work like it's supposed to, and you will have knocked some sense into yourself.

Just kidding, but I do find it funny that you call me brainless and are still asking for help.

Last edited:
Oh sorry, you want things fixed that aren't broken. Ok, here's what you do. Get down so you are eye level with the bottom of your stereo unit. Then, with as much force as possible, head butt the screen. You'll be killing two birds with one stone - your stereo will no longer annoyingly work like it's supposed to, and you will have knocked some sense into yourself.

Just kidding, but I do find it funny that you call me brainless and are still asking for help.

if they are not broken, I can understand but just asnwer my simple question, is your stereo unit the same way mine is? Like I say first vehicle I've own that I can't simply turn the stereo off, if that's how it's supposed to be fine, I get it. I am not that dumb...

I am sorry I'm hurting your feeling talking about Tacomas being defective. I know you are a Tacoma lover and you **** with the shift knob All day and all night ..... just kidding bro, you can really do all you want with your hairy ass.

Is he at it again?

My engine makes noise when it's running! My tires spin when I drive!

Jajajaja is it just me or your trying to make me look like a fool in every post that I make, I wish I know more English so I can tell you what you deserve, believe me that this is not my first car I've own and I Never had a single problem with other vehicles including my other Tacoma.

Looks like you are very active around here, wierd thing is that for you everything is normal everything is fine when people like me complaint about something that might not be normal...

Why does it bother you so much that I seeking for advices ? If my questions are dumb for you oh well, do not replay just laugh about it and "try to help someone else"

But okay I will tell you what you want to hear since the other thread I open, **** you asshole, hahahahaha.....

Jajajaja is it just me or your trying to make me look like a fool in every post that I make, I wish I know more English so I can tell you what you deserve, believe me that this is not my first car I've own and I Never had a single problem with other vehicles including my other Tacoma.

Looks like you are very active around here, wierd thing is that for you everything is normal everything is fine when people like me complaint about something that might not be normal...

Why does it bother you so much that I seeking for advices ? If my questions are dumb for you oh well, do not replay just laugh about it and "try to help someone else"

But okay I will tell you what you want to hear since the other thread I open, **** you asshole, hahahahaha.....

Yawn.

Wow this escalated fast.
So on my way home from work I tried to turn mine off by pushing and holding the button and mine does the same thing as in the video. I looked under the dash and saw this...IMG_1437.GIF
I don't know if that could be what's causing it to come back on. I'd like to know if this is normal.

Wow this escalated fast.
So on my way home from work I tried to turn mine off by pushing and holding the button and mine does the same thing as in the video. I looked under the dash and saw this...View attachment 11476
I don't know if that could be what's causing it to come back on. I'd like to know if this is normal.

hahaha, that's it. I was worried for a second I saw the same creature under my trucks dash, I guess it is normal than.

if they are not broken, I can understand but just asnwer my simple question, is your stereo unit the same way mine is? Like I say first vehicle I've own that I can't simply turn the stereo off, if that's how it's supposed to be fine, I get it. I am not that dumb...

I am sorry I'm hurting your feeling talking about Tacomas being defective. I know you are a Tacoma lover and you **** with the shift knob All day and all night ..... just kidding bro, you can really do all you want with your hairy ass.

Sad

Look, if you're going to be a smart ass you aren't going to get any help around here. Bottom line, you can't turn the unit off the way you can turn off an older type of stereo head. If you want to talk about what you want to do vs. What you can do, that's another thread entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum

Back