Tacoma recall

If that is the case for Florida then check one and three on the list and if toyota is keeping your truck hostage so that they don't have to pay you. I'd get your attorney involved. That's if you don't want the truck any more.
Otherwise be patient with Toyota they are trying. :rolleyes:

Yes call corporate talk to a case worker and ask for your payment to be made. You haven't had your truck they have. They will pay for it if you make them.

Case worker called me today. He said they will reimburse me for my payment this month. He also told me that the part was on back order which the Toyota service guy never told me. Thanks for the advice OR17TRD!!!!

Case worker called me today. He said they will reimburse me for my payment this month. He also told me that the part was on back order which the Toyota service guy never told me. Thanks for the advice OR17TRD!!!!
I hope they fix it sooner than later for you.

Yes, The dealer has had my truck for 3 weeks, Toyota is saying they don't have the parts to fix it.
My 2016 has been stuck on the dealership lot for 40 days now and I'm stuck driving a giant Dodge Ram with no back up camera or safety equipment to speak of. I have owned Toyota's my whole life and never heard of anything like this. The service dept manager told me they had a 2010 corolla on the lot for 310 days until they fond a fix. Toyota paid $11,000 in rental car fees. I'm currently at $3000 for the Ram from Enterprise.

My 2016 has been stuck on the dealership lot for 40 days now and I'm stuck driving a giant Dodge Ram with no back up camera or safety equipment to speak of. I have owned Toyota's my whole life and never heard of anything like this. The service dept manager told me they had a 2010 corolla on the lot for 310 days until they fond a fix. Toyota paid $11,000 in rental car fees. I'm currently at $3000 for the Ram from Enterprise.
Make sure your truck payments are being made. :( Sorry to hear that.

To trade or not to to trade? Somebody hellllllllllppppppp me decide. Bahahahahha lol.

By the name of the thread. You'd figure there be some kind of complaining go on. Lol.

Dropped off my 2017 Tacoma for 5000 mi service and they kept it for the leak...said it will be 2 months...Toyota says they do have a fix....
Gave me a junk RAV4 and put my name in for a Tacoma... time for some research!

Dropped off my 2017 Tacoma for 5000 mi service and they kept it for the leak...said it will be 2 months...Toyota says they do have a fix....
Bummer. Make sure they are making your monthly payments while they keep it hostage. Welcome to the forum.

It's almost like they're looking for something that could be a lot worse that a drip in your driveway. They might have had something kinda weird happen over in R&D...

View attachment 11381 View attachment 11380 View attachment 11379 I don't expect to get 45mpg haha. I get 13city/16 hwy. I would like my genturd to roll up hill in cruise control and not be in 3rd gear at 70 mph at 4500rpms getting 15mpg on a 150 mile hwy trip. 16city/20 hwy would be nice. Am I being unrealistic with that? Considering they are rated at 19/24. 12 mpg in town is what I would expect from a v8 towing. Not a mid size empty V6 going down a flat city street at 35mph for 5 miles headed to work. I would also like it to not have lose of power going up an incline at lower speeds then ramp it's RPMs up to 3500-4500 and take off with the slightest pressure change on the accelerator. There really needs to be a happy medium. At this point it's all or nothing.

Hey did u get that mpg right after u off-roading(mud)? Or it has always been like this?

Hey did u get that mpg right after u off-roading(mud)? Or it has always been like this?
It's been like that since as long as I've owned it. Bought it new. I've got my dealer looking into why it's getting such horrible gas mileage. They are going to reset my YAW sensor and are looking into how to reset the PCM.

It's been like that since as long as I've owned it. Bought it new. I've got my dealer looking into why it's getting such horrible gas mileage. They are going to reset my YAW sensor and are looking into how to reset the PCM.
This has to be pissed off frustrating for you...this going on this long. At what point do you trade it in for a lightly used 2nd gen? Maybe I just got lucky but not one single problem yet...

This has to be pissed off frustrating for you...this going on this long. At what point do you trade it in for a lightly used 2nd gen? Maybe I just got lucky but not one single problem yet...

Longshore challenging Murphy are you? I would not be so bold :)

I think you can get your truck back but you have to sign a waiver where Toyota bears no respondsibility if the rear diff grenades(it wont) their concern is that the diff runs dry of gear oil completely it will overheat the ring and pinion and cause real damage, if its not leaking heavily and you can check the level it will be good to go.

I had to wait 3 months for a manual tranny too, and I don't regret it for a second!
Yeah, traded my 07 x-runner for the '16 Trd sport 2x4 w/ 6 speed auto trans.. Stupid thing kicks into overdrive with the slightest push on the gas pedal. One thing is for sure..it doesn't like regular gas..

Back