Tacoma Resale Value

The Tacoma outranked every other vehicle in resale value according to this USAToday article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2013/06/13/depreciation-resale-value-edmundscom/2418143/

The value of a Toyota Tacoma after 5 years of ownership averaged 60.2% :thumbsup:
I guess that assumes 75,000 miles too? (@ 15,000 miles a year)?

Of course... for those of us who have tried to buy used Tacoma's we know this all to well.

That is why I bought new. I looked at some that were just a year or two old and paid what they were asking for mine new.

On my second Tacoma. I keep getting better trade-ins, you can't beat it. Good to know I bought this truck almost 5 years ago and have few payments left and it's still worth over 20k. If I buy a few more Toyota will just have to give me a free truck! :w00t:

On my second Tacoma. I keep getting better trade-ins, you can't beat it. Good to know I bought this truck almost 5 years ago and have few payments left and it's still worth over 20k. If I buy a few more Toyota will just have to give me a free truck! :w00t:
thats why i switched from a dodge to toyota. i got 12k trade in for my 06 dakota with onl 40k miles on it. Never again on that

Forget the trade value... Pay it off and keep it cause TACOMAS LAST FOREVER!

This is primarily why I bought mine because I plan to keep it for a long time but it is also nice to know that if I ever need to sell or if anything else should happen that it's value is much greater than any other truck out there.

Bought my very clean 05' DD 4x4 LB and plan to drive it until the next generation is out for a year or so. If that truck gets the mileage and looks they claim, I may go ahead and invest in a new one, (but I'm not going to let go of the 05'.. :) Love my truck!

I didn't buy mine for resale value. I bought it for reliability. I don't want to worry about what broke this week on my truck. My boss has a '09 Chevy Truck his fuel pump went out about a month ago, cost him $1500 to replace. :blink:

Forget the trade value... Pay it off and keep it cause TACOMAS LAST FOREVER!

I'm not even at 40,000 miles yet and it's an 07 from dealership. I plan to run it till it starts having problems (guesstimating 200,000-300,000 miles) (I take care of my baby) and since I'm modifying little things to it keep the body and do a motor swap to a v6 or v8 engine and just replace everything including exhaust and everything. But definitely keeping it standard. (Not all at once but little by little)

Back