Tacoma SR5 side steps

Gadget

Good morning all !!

Our truck is pale by comparison to fantastic trucks I have seen on this site, but figured there is a ton of experience on the forum.

We just ordered a 2017 SR5 DC 2WD V6 Short Bed and would like to get recommendations from members on what would be a good side step to add. The truck is Silver Sky Metallic with Alloy rims and we are only planning very simple mods including All -Weather Mats, Bed Mat, Tailpipe Tip and possibly a different grille (wife does not like the stock one). Nothing extravagant.

Thank You !!

M

Taco.jpg

Welcome Gadget! I like that grill, looks a lot like my 2013. Is that a pic of your truck ordered? If so bravo on the no hood scoop...

I just got a new 2017 and went with the predator steps on the truck. Love the "aggressive" look. If I didn't do that, I saw several similar after market options that were cheaper. Depends the look and functionality you want.

Thanks for the replies. Any photos? Predator steps are like this photo from internet? Wonder if they come in silver powder coat. Are they functional? The ones we seen on trucks were too close to body to really use as a step.

20151103_170431.jpg

IMG_0938.JPG Yes those are like the predator steps. I've only seen them in the black. I use mine every time I get in. They are positioned well for me.
I put a set of rampage xtremeline 5" wide runners on my Tundra and liked them. I checked to see if they made them for the 2017 Tacoma but looks like it's only 2nd gens at this point. They where a little slippery when wet though. These predators have some grip to them.
I don't like not having an OhShit handle on the drivers side. Using the steering wheel seems odd to me. Haven't got use to that yet.

Hi all just back from 12 hours of driving to pick up our new 2017 Tacoma. Plain Jane compared to most here but we like it. I am thinking brush SS running board, nerf bars or whatever the side steps are called. Would also like to work in a brushed SS look in the grill. Are those Toyota OEM Mud guards? I like the looks of those.

Thanks,

Mnew-taco.jpg

Congrats on your truck. I opted for the Lund oval straight nerf bars. Didn't care about price but they are under $200. These were the look I was wanting. Good luck.

Sweet truck. How far do they extend from body? I tried Toyota's and they seemed quite short and hard to steep on with full foot...

M

I like my 5" Lunds. They provide 2 things. Easy access for my handicapped self and 10 year old Granddaughter plus ding protection from knuckleheads. They come in polished stainless or the less expensive black. Great for washing and waxing the roof too.1a taco.jpg

Back