Tacoma Trd Pro or Tacoma Trd Off-road?

aterese

Should I spend the little extra money to get the Toyota Tacoma Trd Pro? Or should I get the off-road? What are the main differences between those two? And is there a big difference?

I'd get the offroad and use better off the shelf suspension for less money than the Pro will cost but that's if you want the offroad performance. It's really just shocks and some badges.

How will be using the truck?

Should I spend the little extra money to get the Toyota Tacoma Trd Pro? Or should I get the off-road? What are the main differences between those two? And is there a big difference?
What year are you looking at?

The 2018 Pro will already have what you want and already be compatible with all the TSS-P safety crap. The off roads and sports will most likely need some extra modifications to do any lifting and suspension swaps due to the TSS-P sensors and Toyota is saying do not modify the 2018 Tacoma’s.

The 2018 Pro will already have what you want and already be compatible with all the TSS-P safety crap. The off roads and sports will most likely need some extra modifications to do any lifting and suspension swaps due to the TSS-P sensors and Toyota is saying do not modify the 2018 Tacoma’s.

Good point. It may be worth while to get the Pro if you’re wanting the mods and the price is right.

Get the off Road and use the extra money for the mods you want. Let’s face it, you will mod the pro anyway and unless You “Need” the pro, I would save the money plus you will most likely have to order and wait for a Pro

Well the price point isn’t to far off, the TRD Sport and off road is 37,000 and the Pro is 43,000, anymore options of what to get?

No brainer get the Off Road.The Pro here is hard to get,over priced and to me just not worth it.

I was looking at the Pro but they don’t make it in a long bed so I got an off road DCLB. Couldn’t be happier with my choice on the off-road. Whippersnapper is correct the Pro will be close to and if not more than $50k. I couldn’t find one for less than $48k when I was looking for a 2017. I test drove it and started to nagotiate price and the dealer said nope that’s the price. I said nope show me an off-road.
A loaded off-road will be around $41k and a base model no options you’re looking at $36k for an off-road. That leaves you $7-12k you can spend on suspension, armor and other awesome way better upgrades for the off road vs the Pro. If the 2018 didn’t have the TSS-P and toyota wasn’t saying “Do NOT modify” You would be able to modify it right away. I haven’t heard anyone taking delivery on a 2018 and modifying it yet. Might have to wait until people start to figure out how to get around all the safety crap.
The Pro is for the guy that has the money and knows he’s not going to modify it and just wants a stock Tacoma.

Back