tell me what you see in this picture

peterdaniel

Hi all, newbie here.. just purchased a 1996 Tacoma extra cab 2wd with a 5 speed and 3.4L V6 AND a TRD supercharger... Now Im not an expert on these but I do see a lot thats different on this truck.

I most likely will sell the supercharger so I ask the experts here what needs to be changed her and what am I actually looking at? Any help is appreciated

Thanks much!!
Pete

Attachments

• IMG_20130727_193502.jpg
    IMG_20130727_193502.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 92
Kinda of a dumb question i guess but didn't you know what you were getting when you bought it ??:icon_confused:

[FONT=&quot]I am mostly a dual turbo type of person when it comes to forced air. Superchargers are far less expensive and do not live that long from my experience.

Plus you do not put out as much HP because that extra belt drag will take away another 12 to 15% HP. Love the turbo; however, $10K installed is ridiculous for a good set-up...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Before installing a supercharger you might consider getting a rear wheel dyno for HP comparison gains. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Also remember, you may hurt other drive train components that are unable to withstand the extra HP these forced air applications make. I started bending axles with dead stop hard take offs. So you will need to bullet proof other items own down the line. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Speed costs; how fast do you want to go?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Speed costs; how fast do you want to go?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Its a freaking truck.....how fast do you need to go if you're racing like the desert guys? I think thats the more appropriate ??? Here. Wanna go fast? Go buy a 2jz supra...if you can find one.

[FONT=&quot]Speed costs; how fast do you want to go?[/FONT]

Its a freaking truck.....how fast do you need to go if you're racing like the desert guys? I think thats the more appropriate ??? Here. Wanna go fast? Go buy a 2jz supra...if you can find one.[/QUOTE]

Totally Agree!:yes:

In my case, fast isn't what I'm lookin for, like, you guys said, it's a truck lol... It's more about passing power and hill-climb w/ a trailer along with more low-end torque for off-road use.

Back