tesla S

cars

• Total voters

95 taco

anyone know squat about the tesla S?
a family member is looking at it and he's shocked that they've developed a car that can do 0-60 in under 5 seconds, and is all electric.
he has a merc, e class, diesel right now and would be selling that car for the tesla.

he's also looking at the x model since it's AWD, but they haven't released pricing yet.

he also has another car for long distances.

Last edited:
Depends on where he lives and where he drives. IIRC there are only a few charging stations for the tesla out and about around the NothEast and West coast.

Depends on where he lives and where he drives. IIRC there are only a few charging stations for the tesla out and about around the NothEast and West coast.

he's in san diego, i know at costco they have 2 or 3 charging stations, but i'm not sure about around SD.

i forgot to mention he has another car to drive long distances.

well tesla charging stations are different than any other electric car out there. That was a turn off for me that you would atleast need an adapter let alone if its a different amp/voltage for the station

well tesla charging stations are different than any other electric car out there. That was a turn off for me that you would atleast need an adapter let alone if its a different amp/voltage for the station

interesting, i didn't know that, that'll factor into his decision.

I worry about their long term dependability and repair costs... Not that I could afford one to begin with!

I haven't heard of any issues with Tesla vehicles. I do know that battery packs are expensive but if you can buy the vehicle you have the money for the pack.

Fisker Automotive is down here too but they are going under.

The HUD and the giant touchscreen are hideous looking. But from the outside that thing is sweet. 60k for the base and 87k for the loaded one though?? Nah.

Gps is a wonderful thing when used correctly. I wander what the actual number of people injured/killed by these so called smart cars would be if it wasn't ignored by the authorities. They claim otonomis vehicles are the future, I hope its way in the future. I just don't trust all this electronic stuff.

Supposedly UPS is using some otonomis trucks on certain routes. I hope and pray one of them don't have a brain fart and wipe out a bunch of people.

Gps is a wonderful thing when used correctly. I wander what the actual number of people injured/killed by these so called smart cars would be if it wasn't ignored by the authorities. They claim otonomis vehicles are the future, I hope its way in the future. I just don't trust all this electronic stuff.

Apparently he was told his expensive new 2019 tesla could self drive so he turned it on, and it drove a few miles, then into the lake.

Supposedly UPS is using some otonomis trucks on certain routes. I hope and pray one of them don't have a brain fart and wipe out a bunch of people.

I don't even trust autopilot when at altitude and nothing to run into. I occasionally turn it on for a bit if the weather is good and I am very high above the terrain, but I monitor it like a hawk. I would never use it at 200 feet AGL.

Back