Texting and driving

dwayne.surrat

Some may know but my truck is in the shop because I had a lady hit me when she was turning and texting. Last night my friends son was with a friend of his that was texting and driving he went into the other lane and about had a head on with another car. then pulled the truck back into his lane and the truck rolled. He didn’t have his seatbelt on and it threw him out of the truck. He didn’t make it so please tell your kids to not text and drive and also wear your seatbelt. Rip Jason

Last edited:
Some may know but my truck is in the shop because I had a lady hit me when she was turning and texting. Last night my friends son was with a friend of his that was texting and driving he went into the other lane and then pulled the truck back and the truck rolled. He didn’t have his seatbelt on and it through him out of the truck. He didn’t make it so please tell your kids to not text and drive and also wear your seatbelt. Rip Jason

I’m sorry to hear that.
A somber reminder to not drive distracted.
RIP and may the peace of God that passes all understanding be with the family.

Not to make light of any of this but this is why TSS-P and the like are being installed on all vehicles by 2020. To prevent needless accidents and losses like this.

Some may know but my truck is in the shop because I had a lady hit me when she was turning and texting. Last night my friends son was with a friend of his that was texting and driving he went into the other lane and then pulled the truck back and the truck rolled. He didn’t have his seatbelt on and it threw him out of the truck. He didn’t make it so please tell your kids to not text and drive and also wear your seatbelt. Rip Jason
I'm a truck driver and that's one thing that infuriates me, texting and driving. I decided one day to count how many people I can find texting and driving or playing on their phones. After 15 minutes I was shaking my head, I lost count cause it was close to 50% of motorists that day(Houston, Texas), that ****s scary. No one uses their turn signal anymore, always distracted with their phone, driving to slow in the hammer lane, just being dumb drivers. I guess the police just stopped caring as much as they did back in the day.

I'm a truck driver and that's one thing that infuriates me, texting and driving. I decided one day to count how many people I can find texting and driving or playing on their phones. After 15 minutes I was shaking my head, I lost count cause it was close to 50% of motorists that day(Houston, Texas), that ****s scary. No one uses their turn signal anymore, always distracted with their phone, driving to slow in the hammer lane, just being dumb drivers. I guess the police just stopped caring as much as they did back in the day.

I live there, and I agree with this. I have seen people that must be driving with their knees as they are texting and what not on their phone with both hands.

Some may know but my truck is in the shop because I had a lady hit me when she was turning and texting. Last night my friends son was with a friend of his that was texting and driving he went into the other lane and about had a head on with another car. then pulled the truck back into his lane and the truck rolled. He didn’t have his seatbelt on and it threw him out of the truck. He didn’t make it so please tell your kids to not text and drive and also wear your seatbelt. Rip Jason
Man, that's terrible. Too short of of life because of a foolish mistake. Hate hearing/ reading about these accidents. @OR17TRD is right though, the world needs those sensors and lane correction just for these reasons. Distracted driver accidents are way too common nowadays. I catch the Phoenix weather on TV occasionally (just so I can make fun of my friends that live there) and I swear it's almost DAILY that they're reporting on a "wrong way driver" accident on the FREEWAYS! I'm not sure how so many people go the wrong way,... I lived there for a few years and visit way more than I want to but I've never got confused on which way to go,... they have GREAT road signs,... I am deeply sorry to hear about this accident that hits so close to home for you. I pray that your friends and family find some kind of peace and are comforted during this time. God bless.

Back