Thank goodness for Toyota.

Dangerous situation from something so simple.

For sure. It says there’s a related accident and injury related. At least they’re moving quick to recall them. Remember the Toyota floormat witch hunt that was so huge a few years ago. It seems like all the auto companies actually move a little quicker to get these recalls fixed now.

For sure. It says there’s a related accident and injury related. At least they’re moving quick to recall them. Remember the Toyota floormat witch hunt that was so huge a few years ago. It seems like all the auto companies actually move a little quicker to get these recalls fixed now.
Yup. I know almost every brand will have recalls. The important thing is how they respond to fix them. After my 40k expedition I bought because my wife loved it at 1st, I'll never buy another ford again. That thing was a nightmare.

Yup. I know almost every brand will have recalls. The important thing is how they respond to fix them. After my 40k expedition I bought because my wife loved it at 1st, I'll never buy another ford again. That thing was a nightmare.

I feel your pain. My wife had a 2LT Traverse. I actually loved the way it drove BUT the thing drove itself about 60mph. It would continually rev up to redline at 6k rpm. The only way to slow it was to ride the brake. This happened on the interstate thank God no one was hurt. That and other countless problems. I learned my lessons with GM the hard way.

I feel your pain. My wife had a 2LT Traverse. I actually loved the way it drove BUT the thing drove itself about 60mph. It would continually rev up to redline at 6k rpm. The only way to slow it was to ride the brake. This happened on the interstate thank God no one was hurt. That and other countless problems. I learned my lessons with GM the hard way.
Funny you say that, my wife's cousin has a traverse with 80k miles and the timing chain broke and it trashed the motor and they still owe 19k on it. Nobody in the family believes me when I say buy Toyota. I've been in automotive manufacturing my whole life and we done all of our work for Chrysler, ford and Chevy but could never get a Toyota job because their quality standards were so strict.

Funny you say that, my wife's cousin has a traverse with 80k miles and the timing chain broke and it trashed the motor and they still owe 19k on it. Nobody in the family believes me when I say buy Toyota. I've been in automotive manufacturing my whole life and we done all of our work for Chrysler, ford and Chevy but could never get a Toyota job because their quality standards were so strict.

Wow. That’s good to know.

The wife has a limited Cherokee now. Mopar seems to have upped their game since Fiat took over.

Wow. That’s good to know.

The wife has a limited Cherokee now. Mopar seems to have upped their game since Fiat took over.
The thing with the Japanese auto makers they have a system in place called Poka Yoke that is designed to make everything possible mistake free. And trust me it wields works I've seen it first hand.

The thing with the Japanese auto makers they have a system in place called Poka Yoke that is designed to make everything possible mistake free. And trust me it wields works I've seen it first hand.
Ignore the wields lol I don't know how that got in there. [emoji23]

I’ve done a little reading on that. I’ve got a buddy that does some work at the Buffalo, WV plant. He says it’s amazing how efficient and well ran everything is.

And with the expedition it was the simple things one after another lol example: one day we were driving down the road and my wife went to use her rear wiper fluid and it came apart in the headliner and fluid rained down all over is you know how hard it is to take a shower covered in rain x lol

And with the expedition it was the simple things one after another lol example: one day we were driving down the road and my wife went to use her rear wiper fluid and it came apart in the headliner and fluid rained down all over is you know how hard it is to take a shower covered in rain x lol

Haha. That’s terrible.
I left Toyota for a small spurt and went to a 1500 Chevrolet: roof leaks had to be fixed multiple times; speakers went out constantly; climate control messed up every 2-3 days (the only way to fix it was to restart the truck or on some occasions drain the battery); wiper motor died first week; 7 recalls; some very interesting electrical problems that the dealership couldn’t even figure out. Etc. etc.
But the 5.3 with a 6 speed was a good motor so it wasn’t all bad. Lol.
Never again though!

Haha. That’s terrible.
I left Toyota for a small spurt and went to a 1500 Chevrolet: roof leaks had to be fixed multiple times; speakers went out constantly; climate control messed up every 2-3 days (the only way to fix it was to restart the truck or on some occasions drain the battery); wiper motor died first week; 7 recalls; some very interesting electrical problems that the dealership couldn’t even figure out. Etc. etc.
But the 5.3 with a 6 speed was a good motor so it wasn’t all bad. Lol.
Never again though!
Lol yup I got out of the automotive industry, now I'm a machinist at GE aviation and nuclear power plant.

My boss has a 2017 Platinum F-150......his did this 'jump' thing in the McDonald's parking lot. 'Bout run him over he said.

Back