The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

This was yesterday morning, pretty much the same this morning but the real feel was a few degrees higher. Gordo's had shorter morning walks the last couple days... hahaScreenshot_20181112-045142_AccuWeather.jpeg

My furnace took a crap Sunday. I’ve been trying to fix it but I’m at a loss. I’m pretty much down to my circuit board has a problem. Cleaned out every tube and contact, the inducer motor kicks on but then shuts off. Throwing a code for low pressure. Checked the pressure switch it seemed like it was working. If I keep a constant pressure going to it by blowing into it I could get the inducer motor to stay on and it will go to fire then the inducer motor kicks off??? WTF. Almost caught everything on fire. Replaced the pressure switch. Same thing. Hard wired the inducer motor and it stays on. I don’t know what else could be causing it to do this. Find out tomorrow how much that circuit board is going to cost. I went and bought $200 worth of electric heaters for most of the rooms to keep my house from freezing. SMH PIMA (pain in my ass) current temp here 33 it was colder last night. It’s suppose to warm up some but not having my central air makes me appreciate it. 1590AD3A-3BB7-41C5-A5DC-6ECE8DD96A08.jpegC9CCC5A1-6112-4907-AA20-474AFAEA711D.png8C81E90F-8C59-4AD2-9409-1386825F3B1F.jpeg

My furnace took a crap Sunday. I’ve been trying to fix it but I’m at a loss. I’m pretty much down to my circuit board has a problem. Cleaned out every tube and contact, the inducer motor kicks on but then shuts off. Throwing a code for low pressure. Checked the pressure switch it seemed like it was working. If I keep a constant pressure going to it by blowing into it I could get the inducer motor to stay on and it will go to fire then the inducer motor kicks off??? WTF. Almost caught everything on fire. Replaced the pressure switch. Same thing. Hard wired the inducer motor and it stays on. I don’t know what else could be causing it to do this. Find out tomorrow how much that circuit board is going to cost. I went and bought $200 worth of electric heaters for most of the rooms to keep my house from freezing. SMH PIMA (pain in my ass) current temp here 33 it was colder last night. It’s suppose to warm up some but not having my central air makes me appreciate it. View attachment 22143View attachment 22144View attachment 22145

Sorry about your luck buddy. I have an ionic heater that does spectacularly for heating up a couple rooms. I also have a propane fireplace for backup.
My heat pump is old as the hills too. I keep fixing it because I want it to last as long as it can.
It may be that time though..... to get you a new one installed. When it gets to the point of replacing a piece at a time every few months it’s not worth the hassle anymore.
Hopefully your control board isn’t too much.

Sorry about your luck buddy. I have an ionic heater that does spectacularly for heating up a couple rooms. I also have a propane fireplace for backup.
My heat pump is old as the hills too. I keep fixing it because I want it to last as long as it can.
It may be that time though..... to get you a new one installed. When it gets to the point of replacing a piece at a time every few months it’s not worth the hassle anymore.
Hopefully your control board isn’t too much.
I just installed this 6/8/12 :(
Haven’t had any issues with it. Done the regular maintenance on it. My A/C capacitor went out in the middle of summer 2 day prime I got one for $13
https://www.amazon.com/Genteq-c3455r-Capacitor-97F9895-97F9895BZ3/dp/B06ZY66QZ5
Haha I was hoping the furnace was going to be that easy. The pressure switch was already $55.

We had a new furnace installed last year......high efficiency Amana........$200 rebate from Source Gas.......deduction on income taxes.......win/win! Sorry you're having trouble, OR........hope you get 'er fixed.

My furnace took a crap Sunday. I’ve been trying to fix it but I’m at a loss. I’m pretty much down to my circuit board has a problem. Cleaned out every tube and contact, the inducer motor kicks on but then shuts off. Throwing a code for low pressure. Checked the pressure switch it seemed like it was working. If I keep a constant pressure going to it by blowing into it I could get the inducer motor to stay on and it will go to fire then the inducer motor kicks off??? WTF. Almost caught everything on fire. Replaced the pressure switch. Same thing. Hard wired the inducer motor and it stays on. I don’t know what else could be causing it to do this. Find out tomorrow how much that circuit board is going to cost. I went and bought $200 worth of electric heaters for most of the rooms to keep my house from freezing. SMH PIMA (pain in my ass) current temp here 33 it was colder last night. It’s suppose to warm up some but not having my central air makes me appreciate it. View attachment 22143View attachment 22144View attachment 22145
A few times I have found squirrels nesting inside the exhaust for the furnace. That messes with the pressure sensor. If the switch is good and everything is igniting properly, the fan motor is usually the next replacement. At almost 5 years it sounds about right for your timing. *when fans get older, for various reasons, they just don't keep up. Make sure it's sealed well too. Those pressure switches can be temperamental...

Last edited:
Just curious anyone else have these problems? They look a lot worse in person and it might be time to add some aftermarket lights any ideas. Not looking into anything expensive it's not a show truck
View attachment 22083View attachment 22084
Contact your local Toyota dealer lots of people are getting these replaced for free. It is a known issue on early 2nd gen trucks. Mine were replaced for free before I purchased it.

I just installed this 6/8/12 :(
Haven’t had any issues with it. Done the regular maintenance on it. My A/C capacitor went out in the middle of summer 2 day prime I got one for $13
https://www.amazon.com/Genteq-c3455r-Capacitor-97F9895-97F9895BZ3/dp/B06ZY66QZ5
Haha I was hoping the furnace was going to be that easy. The pressure switch was already $55.
Another thing to think about.... if you were able to trick it into turning on by blowing on the (old?) switch, that tells me that the switch and board were functioning properly and would point back to a cfm issue, either with a weak fan, loss of pressure or restriction in the piping.... right?

Been a while since I tried to troubleshoot a furnace, just trying to help you thunk through it. Induced draft motors are a common replacement though. So are boards but not so much associated with your issue...

Another thing to think about.... if you were able to trick it into turning on by blowing on the (old?) switch, that tells me that the switch and board were functioning properly and would point back to a cfm issue, either with a weak fan, loss of pressure or restriction in the piping.... right?

Been a while since I tried to troubleshoot a furnace, just trying to help you thunk through it. Induced draft motors are a common replacement though. So are boards but not so much associated with your issue...
I was able to trick it up until fire then the motor shut off right after it ignited and the flame went crazy for a second before everything shut off. I can hard jump the inducer motor and it runs constant but won’t ignite. I can turn the fan on at the thermostat and it will run. Like normal without the furnace on.

I also unhooked the intake tube so I had was guaranteed no obstruction and it does the same thing. I took a shop vac and put it up to the intake and exhaust tubes to clean them out.

I was able to trick it up until fire then the motor shut off right after it ignited and the flame went crazy for a second before everything shut off. I can hard jump the inducer motor and it runs constant but won’t ignite. I can turn the fan on at the thermostat and it will run. Like normal without the furnace on.
Is your igniter glowing/ sparking?

Is your igniter glowing/ sparking?
Yeah I was able to spark and ignite a couple times if I keep the pressure switch on by blowing on it but it’s hard to keep that constant pressure for that long. I replaced the pressure switch but it still does the same thing. It flashes code 32 which is a low pressure code and there are 61 steps to diagnose SMH it’s got to be the worst code to throw.
960AAAE3-ED67-4A9E-A6F7-E89DBBE2B188.jpeg 1950C1EA-27F0-46C6-A9B5-4C2984D926CC.jpeg

Yeah I was able to spark and ignite a couple times if I keep the pressure switch on by blowing on it but it’s hard to keep that constant pressure for that long. I replaced the pressure switch but it still does the same thing. It flashes code 32 which is a low pressure code and there are 61 steps to diagnose SMH it’s got to be the worst code to throw.
View attachment 22162 View attachment 22163
That's really odd...

Back