the MONDAYS Thread

DEZERTDUCK

Owner Engage Off Road
well monday morning and back to work....i had a boring weekend, sick all weekend...anyone have anyting exciting go on?

Today blows!!! I agreed to do a favor for an old boss of mine who was desperate for the help.... That was a bad idea :mad:

So my day started at 7am to get ready for this "favor" job today. Its a security gig which already sucks enough to begin with. Its cold and rainy today so I put on long sleeve under armor under my uniform shirt to keep warm since I don't have a company jacket. Its still cold so I throw on a sweater of my own. Perfect! Off to work I go :)

My job today (thank god its only a single day) is to watch a tiny little parking lot of this warehouse and make sure only employees park here. Simple enough right? (I'd rather dig a ditch in the desert and fill it back up than do this for 8 hours. I have a metal fold out chair to sit in, which is conveniently placed on the dirt between some spider invested bushes. Wonderful! What a s**t job already!

So now the fun begins.... I arrive at 8:31 (shift started at 8:30) and this old lady (also a guard) starts telling me how I'm sooo late and I should be here by 815 so I can already be in my little chair by 830..... Yeah, oooookk! Next she tells me I have to take my sweater off because it covers the patches. I already knew I'd have to take it off because its state law to have the patches showing. I told her I'll just sit I'm my car to keep warm and she says NO! I have to be outside in my metal chair in the dirt :screwy: so then she sees my long sleeve under shirt and flips again! "You can't wear layers!" Holy crap, She's nuts! So I tell her look, I either wear my sweater, or sit I'm the truck. I'm not gonna freeze my ass of in the drizzle and get sick.

Now she proceeds to take her work jacket off and give it to me since she gets to sit inside a nice warm building and listen to music and play games all day :rolleyes: so I say fine and take the jacket...... It smells like dirty old lady!! :puke: :mad::eek: (I'm gagging just thinking about it right now) she tells me I wear that. F***! Fine! I'll wear the dam jacket!! I tell myself its only a few hours Anthony, you can do this.

Now this lady tells me that at 1 o'clock when she leaves, shes taking the jacket and I have to also take off my undershirt now because we supposedly can't have layer on (long sleeve under shirt). So this b**** wants me to take everything off now and wear a dam short sleeve shirt with no undershirt the rest of my shift (until 5pm). Yeah ummmm.... Not gonna happen lady!

Now I'm stuck, sitting on a metal chair, for 8.5 hours, in the dirt, inches away from spider and lizard invested bushes, wearing a jacket that makes me wanna barf.... And all this for $9 f***ing dollars per hour. All because I wanted to be nice and do my old boss a favor.

Worst part of the whole story, I can't call my boss and tell him this lady is crazy and I'm not listening to her because she is his mother in law :eek::mad::banghead:

At this moment I'm debating throwing myself in the bushes to get eaten by spiders so I either die or I get sent home.

And you thought your Monday sucked :sly:

Last edited:
I'm on the verge of using the spiders and lizards as target practice :banghead: I have 30 rounds plus 1 in the chamber :D....

Too bad I'll probably end up in the back of a cop car before I'll get through all 30 rounds :eek: it'll be just my luck the cops will use my own handcuffs on me haha

Now I'm walking around and this f***ing lady tells me, "you have to zip the jacket up!"

Aaahhhhhhggggggghhh!!!!!! Who cares if my jacket is zipped or not!!!!!!!!!! I wanna punch this old lady in the face!! (Not really, don't call the police on me :rolleyes: )

I know its pretty intense! Couple local Cali guys have friends over there right now, one even in the race :eek: nobody can get through though. My mom live in MA too. Not near Boston, but still scary

Leaving work today.

One of my bosses was asking how I liked my Tacoma last week. Said he wanted a sport like mine until I told him the difference in the off road. I figured he wanted the locker since he hunts and could use it. He has an 88 or 89 model Yota 4x4 he uses for hunting. Wanted something newer.

And yeah the Boston thing is crazy. What a crazy :censored: world we live in. :sad:

I have Mondays off. :tongue_smilie:

So do I :thumbup:

I had a great day OFF! My Mondays are lazy but today I had to go file my taxes so I can get my REFUND! Yes Uncle Sam owes me money as does the State! Which will of course end up being invested back into my truck. (Lift) :yes:

Stopped in at the parts store today to buy some Royal Purple (stuff is not cheap) for my upcoming gear oil changes....front & rear differential, transfer case & manual transmission. Also stopped at my friendly Toyota dealer parts counter and my friend Chris got me all my drain plug gaskets and ordered my parts to do the rear differential breather mod. Chris is the man gives me 20% discount and he did throw in a few gaskets for free. :thumbsup: We talk Tacoma's when I stop in.

Also had to stop and get a 24mm socket which for some dumb reason I could not find a 6 point one at any parts/hardware store, so got the freakin 12 point and a 15/16 socket which was 6 point to do the rearend & transfer case. Oh and only Sears had the 24mm socket. No other place did. Already have the 10mm hex socket, also got my 6' of 1/4 in fuel line & clamps to do the mod. I'll stop & get the parts to do it tomorrow at the dealer since they had to be ordered.
Other than a few compliments I got at the parts store on the truck I had a fabulous day! Time to get some grub on.

I know its pretty intense! Couple local Cali guys have friends over there right now, one even in the race :eek: nobody can get through though. My mom live in MA too. Not near Boston, but still scary
Makes a bad Monday not seem so bad eh?

We got over a foot of snow. Was gonna go turkey hunting today. Hit the bar with my buddy instead. Nothing cures crappy weather like an ice cold pitcher and some shots of patron

another week...another fresh start....today is shock rebuild day at the shop and finishing up loose ends on the prerunner.....

Re-Building the CoilOvers and making them Coil Carriers for the New Engage Double Cab Link System
picture.php

Finishing the painting of shock towers and added structural tubes so they look purrty
picture.php

Goddamn that's turning out good, Hass. Can't wait to see it floating around the desert.

One more hour or so and my Monday is done- least at work it is...

Goddamn that's turning out good, Hass. Can't wait to see it floating around the desert.

One more hour or so and my Monday is done- least at work it is...

thanx man...yeah we will be testing this weekend....99.9999% almost sure....sad thing is Vi is leaving thursday for a trip....so guess ill have to test it by self....ha ha...anyone wanna come up and help? free mustache rides....i mean prerunner rides....whoopsie...:whistling2:

What a wonderful day to have the DAY OFF!
Partly sunny and warmer
86°Lo 64°

What to do on the Taco today........the mod list is getting long :whistling2:
Start my gear oil changes I suppose and maybe do the tailgate mod so no one will walk off with it.

Back