The ones that received rust protection?

Changeling

Sinse I am looking for another 1st gen Tacoma a Big thought struck me.

Once some of these Tacoma’s had the rust protection done in the early recalls, just how good is that protection!
Anyone really know for sure?

Is it going to last 10 or 20 years or maybe 2 or 3 !!!

I plan on doing a lot of mods to the one I will be getting and I wouldn't want to dump a load of money into it if it's not going to last. I haven't heard anyone question this so I figure it is a major issue.

Now I have been hearing that some of the 2nd gen Tacoma’s are experiencing the same rust problems !

What is the "Best" undercoating methods, what’s it cost, what kind of guarantee do we get?

Last edited:
Doesn't anyone know anything about rust proofing the frame?
This doesn't make the future look to bright.:sad:

I Just keep washing down the frame, sorry but I don't know anything about undercoatings.

I think the frame life just depends on where you live and unfortunately how lucky you are.

Eastwood makes a money rust encapsulator. My brother used it when he re built his CJ-7. Since he didnt really care if it looked good since its a straight off road rig he brushed it on and it's held up well for the last 3 years of HARD wheeling here in new england. Believe you can spray it too but dont hold me to it.

Yeah Eastwood has some good stuff, I plan on using their internal frame spray for my truck, I second the rust encapsulator too.

Oh I thought you meant in rattle cans, I don't know if you can put it in a sprayer, I mean I would think so.

Its sprayable, from eastwoods website:
It's easy to use. Just remove any loose rust and wax, oil or grease. Then brush Rust Encapsulator on (if you prefer, thin up to 20% with lacquer thinner and spray)

That would make it alot easier, my brother sprayed that stuff on a four wheeler a few years back and there is still no rust back to this day

I Use AMSOIL Heavy Duty Metal Protector,check it at AMSOIL.com and enter 5269135 in reference box for WHOLESALE prices as a prefeered customer! Its Great and works,have used it for years since it first came out and do a lot of offroading since then ,no rust problems with it,its a Metal Protector with a wax too! Rambo .

Back